Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 18:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 691

Kudos [?]: 3046 [0], given: 890

Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 00:39
Expert's post

Cranfield: Full-time MBA Fall 2013

GMATClub Applicant for Fall 2013

GMATClub Vs Latest Intake

GMATClub applicant Stats

GMATClub Real Time Applicant Tracker

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2012, 19:39
I just got admitted into Cranfield for 2013 start. Need to make a decision, and wanted to see if anyone else have been admitted.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 06:25
3 people here and another two in another forum selected for this school and I believe paras is not joining the school as he has many other options.

Anyone would like to share their experience with the entire selection process?
Manager
Manager

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 03:01
Just to report, me too on the queue
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS, INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 02:43
Yesterday I had my Cranfield interview. It was one of the best interviews , rather discussion as mentioned by interviewer. I get to know Cranfield better and I would like to share here. Cranfield is mainly meant for senior guys who have around 5-7 years of experience and this is obvious from their class profile. Also average age of their class is around 31. To me , Cranfield is a friendly , experienced , mature and prestigious management institute. Their method of teaching and curriculum is a bit different as well.

Overall interview was quite good. Around 20 min were spent on presentation and related discussion. After that we discussed about WHY MBA , WHY Cranfield. Also there were questions related to work experiences , leadership abilities and personality.

Do contact me if you need to know anything else about Cranfield.
Manager
Manager

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 21:20
Fraz wrote:
Yesterday I had my Cranfield interview. It was one of the best interviews , rather discussion as mentioned by interviewer. I get to know Cranfield better and I would like to share here. Cranfield is mainly meant for senior guys who have around 5-7 years of experience and this is obvious from their class profile. Also average age of their class is around 31. To me , Cranfield is a friendly , experienced , mature and prestigious management institute. Their method of teaching and curriculum is a bit different as well.

Overall interview was quite good. Around 20 min were spent on presentation and related discussion. After that we discussed about WHY MBA , WHY Cranfield. Also there were questions related to work experiences , leadership abilities and personality.

Do contact me if you need to know anything else about Cranfield.

I completely agree with you.

One interesting thing came up during my discussion (I mean interviews) was why Cranfield is not called Cranfield Business School, rather called as Cranfield School of Management (very unique indeed!!)?. Lot of insights came up and I am very much convinced that it is meant for matured managers!! I got a reassuring conviction that they truly understand the big spectrum of management.

I read somewhere "Cranfield makes manager a better manager" and that humble and practical statement perfectly resonate with me as I have huge doubt about other school's tall claim of turning a 2 years grad into a business leader!!

Fraz, let us know your outcome and we will be glad to see you in Sep 2013
Manager
Manager

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 21:49
Why so quite during this peak time of admission?
Manager
Manager

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 02:34
Just to update that there is a closed facebook group for Cranfield admitted students
Current Student
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 10:52
Hi Guys !

After being a silent spectator for ages, thought I should post something on this forum.

Today I had an interview call with Mr. David Simmons. It was a more than one hour discussion. Very insightful and never knew when the one hour went by. The only tricky part was the presentation, but then even before entering the program, Cranfield succeeded in providing challenging and thought provoking assignment. I am really interested in Cranfield due to its high acceptance of more than 10+ years of work experience candidates.

Hope to get in...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 02:55
Hello guys,

I am looking forward to give my interview on coming 18th may at Cranfield SOM. I attended their preview day in march & was impressed enough to put in my application. Though I have applied to couple of other universities in UK, I am really looking forward towards cranfield. Hope I will make it.

Any guidance regarding interview prep will be welcomed.

Regards,

Rohan.
Manager
Manager

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 21:41
Just be yourself.

You must appear as logical and your statements/stand should appear convincing supported by reasoning.

You will enjoy the interviews, like many of us did. I know the interviews was the tipping point for many of us to select only Cranfield, nothing else.

Cheers and best of luck. See you on 30th Sep.

rohanchaudhari wrote:
Hello guys,

I am looking forward to give my interview on coming 18th may at Cranfield SOM. I attended their preview day in march & was impressed enough to put in my application. Though I have applied to couple of other universities in UK, I am really looking forward towards cranfield. Hope I will make it.

Any guidance regarding interview prep will be welcomed.

Regards,

Rohan.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2013, 23:03
Hello Guys,

I can confirm now that I have been admitted to Full time MBA 2013.

Looking forward to see you all on 30th Sept.

If anyone want to talk more on & about Cranfield, drop me a message here & I will reply right away. I am currently in UK & been to Cranfield campus 3 times now. so if anyone has questions regarding campus, I will try n give answer with best of my knowledge.

Regards.
Manager
Manager

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2013, 22:37
So finally how many are getting in?

Looking at the actions in various UK school threads, does not look a very promising year. Whether you like or not, such little enthusiasm in UK school will affect quality of students getting admitted!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 02:55
Hello everyone,

I just got the email with the offer to Cranfield MBA and think to accept it as Cranfield was my first choice.

Hope to see you all soon,
Nik
Manager
Manager

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 06:12
NKovalev wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just got the email with the offer to Cranfield MBA and think to accept it as Cranfield was my first choice.

Nik

Congrats!

Welcome to the group. Speak to Helen and join the facebook group soon.
Intern
Intern

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2013, 18:01
NKovalev wrote:
Hello everyone,

Nik

Hey! Congrats! :-D

I will have a telephone interview soon with Cranfield SOM (MSc Strategic Marketing 2013) and do you guys have any advice please? It is my first choice as well. I have more than 3 years marketing relevant working experience but I have not learned much marketing theory. What types of cases will they give?
Intern
Intern

Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2013, 05:34
Hey I'm so glad to be offered a place in MSc Strategic Marketing, looking forward to going there in Sept 2013 hahaha

So thrilled
Re: Cranfield 2013-Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Jul 2013, 05:34