Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 19:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cranfield MBA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 13

Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA? [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2010, 07:25
Hi Andrew,
Could you please get me an idea how Cass is compared with Cranfield? I feel that Cass is more of fancy type but Cranfield is better in terms of value. I am still unable to derive what are the good and bad of both.

I have 9 years of IT exp (software development) and I wish to switch to a business manager kind of role. how could that be achieved. How much salary I could get after completion if I stay in London? Is that a case that I am over-expecting?

If I prefer a career move in Finance sector, I have heard that Cass is better. Is that true?

~Sanka

apieterse wrote:

IF anyone has any queries on work and life on the Cranfield MBA please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA? [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2010, 20:04
For some high level facts and info about Cranfield MBA plus some students stories you can check out this website page: http://www.businessbecause.com/cranfiel ... gement.htm
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA? [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 01:48
Anyone applying/admitted to Cranfield SOM for the batch of Sept 2011 ?

I'm offered a spot, would be happy to discuss pros and cons!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA? [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2011, 14:35
ligett wrote:
Anyone applying/admitted to Cranfield SOM for the batch of Sept 2011 ?

I'm offered a spot, would be happy to discuss pros and cons!

Yep, I'm in too. Currently trying not to get too demob happy at work. Weird side effect of the slow economy, I'm actually sitting around hoping to get made redundant in July/August :-)

Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Current Student

Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA? [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 00:34
SeniorFlunky wrote:
Yep, I'm in too. Currently trying not to get too demob happy at work. Weird side effect of the slow economy, I'm actually sitting around hoping to get made redundant in July/August :-)

Senior Flunky

Did you go there for an open day? What was your impression?

I was told that the weakness of the program is its imbalance towards non-EU candidates (also a lot of them from technical background) as well as the lack of star-dust of the students.
I wonder if you have any confirmation of these rumors.

Regards
Current Student

Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA? [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 01:35
ligett wrote:

Senior Flunky

Did you go there for an open day? What was your impression?

I was told that the weakness of the program is its imbalance towards non-EU candidates (also a lot of them from technical background) as well as the lack of star-dust of the students.
I wonder if you have any confirmation of these rumors.

Regards

Yes I was on site for an open day last Sept and again for the interview.

I did notice a technical bias in the people I met (including me) but no real non-EU imbalance. The interview day in particular was mainly EU people. More notable was a gender imbalance in the prospective students (I only met one woman at the interview day) but that did not seem to be reflected in the make up of the current student body.

WRT 'stardust' it's a bit subjective as they do tend to wheel out the best and brightest for these things but I think you are going to get the cohort that is represented by the school ranking and that was my impression comparing Oxford and Cranfield (and I include myself in this)

SF

Current Student

Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA? [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 02:06
SeniorFlunky wrote:

I did notice a technical bias in the people I met (including me) but no real non-EU imbalance. The interview day in particular was mainly EU people. More notable was a gender imbalance in the prospective students (I only met one woman at the interview day) but that did not seem to be reflected in the make up of the current student body.

WRT 'stardust' it's a bit subjective as they do tend to wheel out the best and brightest for these things but I think you are going to get the cohort that is represented by the school ranking and that was my impression comparing Oxford and Cranfield (and I include myself in this)

SF

Thanks for sharing this..
Do you mean that since Said and Judge are both higher in the rankings one would get a cohort better (in any sense) than in Cranfield?
Current Student

Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA? [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2011, 02:28
ligett wrote:

Thanks for sharing this..
Do you mean that since Said and Judge are both higher in the rankings one would get a cohort better (in any sense) than in Cranfield?

Yeah pretty much - we all look at the rankings and want to get into the best school possible.

The better schools have higher base requirements so get a slightly higher quality average applicant than schools slightly below them anyway (based on those criteria) and then they cherry pick the best of those for acceptance and finally wheel out the most impressive of these at the open days. Compare the heart surgeon I talked to at Said to the finance guy with an engineering background at Cranfield - he had an impressive future plan but it's just not got that same sheen of glamour.

Whilst Cranfield is good (and will attract very good UK applicants who can't/won't travel) the international students who look at oxbridge may also be looking other comparable international schools before dropping down that little bit in perceived quality (see the ranks and clusterings thread)

Re: [[Cranfield]] MBA?   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2011, 02:28