Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 17:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Critical Reasoning Approach: Finding the assumption

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Critical Reasoning Approach: Finding the assumption [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2006, 16:07
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone has any certain tricks to tackle the CR questions on the verbal. CR is my only significant weak area on the Verbal. I have trouble narrowing down one assumption but have no problems in comprehension (since I almost get all the RC correct).

If anyone has any thoughts of how to approach the questions please advise!

Thanks all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2006, 17:34
one rule of thumb is by negation..

if by negating the given statements, the main argument falls apart, it mean it is the assumption..
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2006, 17:02
mm007 wrote:
one rule of thumb is by negation..

if by negating the given statements, the main argument falls apart, it mean it is the assumption..

Hi mm007,

Thank you for your advice, I will try that out tomorrow once I take a practice exam.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Critical Reasoning Approach: Finding the assumption [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2006, 02:23
darwazah wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone has any certain tricks to tackle the CR questions on the verbal. CR is my only significant weak area on the Verbal. I have trouble narrowing down one assumption but have no problems in comprehension (since I almost get all the RC correct).

If anyone has any thoughts of how to approach the questions please advise!

Thanks all.

From the evidence and the conclusion in the given argument, we could also prephrase the assumption (the link between the two) and look for it in the answer choice.
Re: Critical Reasoning Approach: Finding the assumption   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2006, 02:23