Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 19:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Critique my review plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Critique my review plan [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 12:00
Hey guys,

I've attached a .xlsx sheet of my review plan. I would like to know your thoughts on my schedule.

I'm using the OG12 books (OG verbal, OG quant, and OG12) and the MGMAT books (all 8 guides, 4ed.) Additionally, I've thought about adding the Kaplan 800 depending on how my score comes out.

As far as my schedule goes, sunday and friday are travel days, so its not the best days to study. Monday-Thursday I plan on doing questions on the forum during the day as work allows, and working through the MGMAT/OG books at night. Also I realize that this needs to be a flexible schedule, as plans change and things come up.

So any tips or ideas you have on this would be greatly appreciated (i.e. should i/where can i fit in another practice exam?)

Thanks! :-D
Attachments

File comment: Calendar for 2012 exam
Exam Study Schedule.xlsx [13.37 KiB]
Downloaded 40 times

To download please login or register as a user

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1237

Kudos [?]: 3404 [0], given: 181

Re: Critique my review plan [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 13:37
Expert's post
Very good schedule. I would probably give you 8/10 on this. You have done lots of things correctly. Here are a few things that I would add to it.

1. Add some buffer time to it. This is time that you will use in case you fail to complete things on time. I ask applicants to keep 25% buffer.
2. You have some time for revision before exams. This is good. However, for some reason you seem to prefer revising only quant and Verbal before your exam. I would recommend that you do both.
3. Add a target Quant and Verbal score. This would give the entire schedule some objectivity.
4. I would add one more practice test in the second week of Jan. This would help you understand if you need course correction. Make that to be GMATPrep.
5. Put aside time for GMATPrep-II.

I hope the above helps.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

Free Webinar: August 24, 2014 - Improve by 70 Points in 30 days: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to define your strategy, analyze your mocks and improve by 70 points in 30 days. Click here to register.

Chat Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Critique my review plan [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 13:54
egmat wrote:
Very good schedule. I would probably give you 8/10 on this. You have done lots of things correctly. Here are a few things that I would add to it.

1. Add some buffer time to it. This is time that you will use in case you fail to complete things on time. I ask applicants to keep 25% buffer.
2. You have some time for revision before exams. This is good. However, for some reason you seem to prefer revising only quant and Verbal before your exam. I would recommend that you do both.
3. Add a target Quant and Verbal score. This would give the entire schedule some objectivity.
4. I would add one more practice test in the second week of Jan. This would help you understand if you need course correction. Make that to be GMATPrep.
5. Put aside time for GMATPrep-II.

I hope the above helps.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

Thanks for the response Rajat.

I have a few questions - I'll respond via your numbering system:

1. I pushed the exam back 1 week, that should give me enough time for buffer, right?
2. For tests 4 and 5 I added both review sections before them.
3. Target score added, why not shoot for the stars 8-)
4. As far as an additional test, I figured I'd leave one off the schedule to "flex" in if my preparations are faster than my given schedule. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze another in.
5. What do you mean by GMATPrep-II?

I've attached an updated file.
Attachments

Awesome_Error_Log_V2.1.xlsm [391.4 KiB]
Downloaded 31 times

To download please login or register as a user

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1237

Kudos [?]: 3404 [0], given: 181

Re: Critique my review plan [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 13:58
Expert's post
1. Add one more week if possible.
2. Ok
3. Ok
4. I think a test when you have 2+ months to go should be useful. Also, you are coming of a big break and need to access how much you retain. Hence, 2nd week of Jan is what I would prefer.
5. Second GMATPrep mock test.

Free Webinar: August 24, 2014 - Improve by 70 Points in 30 days: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to define your strategy, analyze your mocks and improve by 70 points in 30 days. Click here to register.

Chat Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Critique my review plan [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 14:11
egmat wrote:
1. Add one more week if possible.
2. Ok
3. Ok
4. I think a test when you have 2+ months to go should be useful. Also, you are coming of a big break and need to access how much you retain. Hence, 2nd week of Jan is what I would prefer.
5. Second GMATPrep mock test.

Thanks! I made those changes. Really, I have plenty of time, since applications don't come out until June for the programs I'm interested in - this will give me time in case i want to retake a few times.

Time to get cracking - the studying begins today :wink:

Re: Critique my review plan   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2011, 14:11