Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 00:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2295

Kudos [?]: 9039 [0], given: 3677

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2011, 15:06
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Road to Business School 2011 in Dallas Aug 7th (Map)

A great event for all those applying this year to meet schools, hear application advice, and check out your competition!

Find the right MBA program for you with seminars, meet-and-greets, and admissions advice.
  • Engage with schools one-on-one in an open networking session—over 30 top schools (see the full list below)
  • Hear key application advice from a panel of admissions officers
  • Get an edge on your application in breakout sessions

Hilton Anatole Hotel
2201 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207
Google Map This

Register for the event - it is free!

Participating Schools

Baylor University • Boston University • Carnegie Mellon (Tepper) • College of William & Mary (Mason) • Cornell University (Johnson) • Cox School of Business at SMU • The Duke MBA (Fuqua) • Georgetown University (McDonough) • Georgia Tech • Goizueta Business School • Hult • Indiana University (Kelley) • INSEAD • Johns Hopkins (Carey) • NYU Stern • Purdue University (Krannert) • Rice University (Jones) • Rotterdam (Erasmus) • SDA Bocconi School of Management • Suffolk University (Sawyer) • Temple University (Fox) • Texas A&M (Mays) • Texas Christian University • Thunderbird • Tulane University • UC San Diego (Rady) • UCLA Anderson • University of California, Irvine (Paul Merage) • University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign • University of Maryland (Smith) • University of Michigan (Ross) • University of North Carolina (Kenan-Flagler) • University of Notre Dame (Mendoza) • University of Rochester (Simon) • UT Austin (McCombs) • UT Dallas • UVA (Darden) • Vanderbilt • Washington University in St. Louis (Olin) • Wisconsin MBA • Yale School of Management

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Attachment:
dallas aug7.gif
dallas aug7.gif [ 11.26 KiB | Viewed 1747 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 510 Q29 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.52
WE: Sales (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 06:49
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BB,
just a little addition there is also the MBA tour in Houston

http://www.thembatour.com/events/houston.shtml
It might be cool to know for all the Gmat Students in Texas..:)
see ya,
awesome job Guys

Btw the gmat club application for the ipad and iphone is Terrific ..
Ciao,
FT
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 10:20
Expert's post
Thanks! Looks like the MBA Tour is on the 4th of August.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 25

Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 10:37
Thanks BB,
It is AUG 4 (in two days)
Btw I will be there with other mba prospective candidates, if any member from the gmat club forum wants to join us pls ping me here.....

pls see info from the official website:

Houston
Date Thursday August 4, 2011

2001 Post Oak Blvd.

Houston, TX 77056 USA

Tel: 1 713 961 9300

Time 5:00pm-9:30pm

Registration Fee
Free

MBA Event Schedule
5:00pm Registration Opens
5:15pm-5:45pm GMAT Strategy Session: The Princeton Review
5:55pm-6:40pm Panel: How Admissions Decisions Are Made
6:45pm-7:20pm School Presentations: Cornell, U San Diego, U of Houston & IE
7:25pm-7:55pm School Presentations: SMU, Rice, Texas A&M, U Illinois & Michigan State
8:00pm-9:30pm MBA Fair
8:00pm-8:30pm GMAT Strategy Session: Manhattan GMAT

Participating Business Schools
Columbia University
Cornell University
Hult International Business School
IE Business School
INSEAD
Michigan State University
Northwestern University - Kellogg
Purdue University
Rice University
Southern Methodist University
Texas A&M University
University of Houston
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of San Diego
Washington University in St. Louis
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2011, 23:13
Expert's post
Did you end up going to one of these? What was your impression?

Founder of GMAT Club

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [3] , given: 25

Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2011, 07:39
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BB and All community,
I have a positive impression about this event. Imagine around 100 students gathering in a conference room and listening to mba directors of financial aid and admission talking about schools, applications process, Pre-Mba and Post Mba experience.

following the schedule:

MBA Event Schedule
5:00pm Registration Opens ..not much to say..got my badge and went to the conference room.

5:15pm-5:45pm GMAT Strategy Session: The Princeton Review

Interesting only if you are new to the gmat. If you are already studying and attended a gmat prep course (as i did), It might be not as useful. For the Gmat prep schools these mba fairs are used as a marketing tool to gather more customers.

5:55pm-6:40pm Panel: How Admissions Decisions Are Made:

4 speakers (usually directors of admissions and/or financial aid) talk about the application process and what they look in a candidate (years of experience, gmat, gpa ...). In this Mba fair, we had directors from Rice, Texas A&M, Cornell, IE.

Then Q&A session. Be free to ask questions to admission officers to gather more info for your application. IMO, it does not happen everyday to get close to admission officers. It is good to get contacts and start touching base. Pls keep always in mind they are there to promote their school.

6:45pm-7:20pm School Presentations: Cornell, U San Diego, U of Houston & IE.

I attended the Cornell presentation. The speaker was Ann W Richards Director of Financial Aid and Associate director of Admission. I really enjoyed listening to this presentation. It was about the two different programs Cornell has (accelerated mba and 2-year mba). If you are serious about applying why not attending. You get more info (outside of what you can get from their website). I am planning to visit Cornell campus in October or November (if anyone want to join me, msg here). I believe It is good to have a contact there. On the other hand, I miss the IE presentation (it was at the same time in a different room).

7:25pm-7:55pm School Presentations: SMU, Rice, Texas A&M, U Illinois & Michigan State
Not really interested in any of these schools, I attended the RICE presentation. It was interesting. One of the speaker was an alumni of last year Rice Mba. He gave a small talk about his job experience, mba experience and his actual job. Cool..

8:00pm-9:30pm MBA Fair
Easy to get info and brochures about the programs you are interested. You can have a small chat with the one of the recruiters. Funny to say, you see schools booths that are packed (those are usually top bschools) and booths they are totally desert..:) get your info, take their business cards and get out.

8:00pm-8:30pm GMAT Strategy Session: Manhattan GMAT
I did not have time to attend it. I do not think it was smart to have a presentation right when the fair opens. BTW i spoke with the guy from the Mgmat and show the gmat club application (awesome app) on the ipad and the interactive books (OG companion and SC) I got from Mgmat. He did not know. BB pls work on it..:). This app is one of the best tool I have for the last days of my prep. This app is very solid. Thanks again.
Hope this post helps
keep it up
FT
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9039 [1] , given: 3677

Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2011, 08:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thank you. It seems like we need to do some education with the MGMAT instructors!
Will jump on it!

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 365

Kudos [?]: 1808 [1] , given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2011, 09:09
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ftuzzo wrote:
... BTW i spoke with the guy from the Mgmat and show the gmat club application (awesome app) on the ipad and the interactive books (OG companion and SC) I got from Mgmat. He did not know. BB pls work on it..:). This app is one of the best tool I have for the last days of my prep. This app is very solid. Thanks again.

Thanks!
I can say that I'm really surprised how much positive feedback we got over last 2 weeks on the interactive book. It will definitely speed up our development in that direction.

Best,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 25

Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2011, 11:02
Walker,

you are more than welcome,
I find it v useful with the og companion interactive book to be used together with og guide. It keeps me organized and this is what I need.
On a separate note, I believe it might have helped you to have little more visibility in this fair. Maybe, the Mgmath booth could have exposed a logo of the gmat forum. Another idea could be using a flyer with a quick description of the ipad app (I really believe in it). just as a thought...
and in future if you need a contact in Houston,
you have one..:)
thanks again for the forum and the app,

c ya,
FT
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 365

Kudos [?]: 1808 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Dallas: Road to Business School 2011 Dallas Aug 7th [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2011, 11:15
Expert's post
Great idea! We will discuss it with MGMAT.
Thanks for the offer!

Best,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame