Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 04:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Darden acceptance calls

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Darden acceptance calls [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 00:19
I just got one yesterday (on Wednesday) afternoon. Seeme like they started 2 days in advance. I am an international.

Has anyone else been called? Good luck to all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 05:32
Nope no call here - I am on the wait list though
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1547 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Darden acceptance calls [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 05:34
lxa wrote:
I just got one yesterday (on Wednesday) afternoon. Seeme like they started 2 days in advance. I am an international.

Has anyone else been called? Good luck to all.


Was that all the excitement you could muster for an admit?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 2135
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Darden acceptance calls [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 07:01
rhyme wrote:
lxa wrote:
I just got one yesterday (on Wednesday) afternoon. Seeme like they started 2 days in advance. I am an international.

Has anyone else been called? Good luck to all.


Was that all the excitement you could muster for an admit?


My sentiments exactly!!! hahaha People are literally dying out here waiting for admits.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 07:07
I just got my call from Darden 5 mins ago

2 admits 1 waitlist 2 dings...
50 % success rates.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Darden acceptance calls [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 07:13
kidderek wrote:
rhyme wrote:
lxa wrote:
I just got one yesterday (on Wednesday) afternoon. Seeme like they started 2 days in advance. I am an international.

Has anyone else been called? Good luck to all.


Was that all the excitement you could muster for an admit?


My sentiments exactly!!! hahaha People are literally dying out here waiting for admits.


Yeah - I am one of them.....things arent looking too good right now
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 440
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 07:24
At this pace there will be no one receiving admits tomorrow! Starting to get a little nervous :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 07:31
Yeah, the BW forum has a few admits too
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 440
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 08:04
Yeah I read those too. Also, if you look at Admission411.com it is saying that Darden has already accepted close to 20% of the applicants on there for this round. Oh well, tomorrow we shall know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 08:09
Well I am on the wait list so it is possible I wont hear anything - but you will at least get something.

I know they reviewed the wait list last week so we shall see. It looks like most getting accepted have GMAT Scores >710
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 440
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 08:48
Well if that is the case I will probably be out of the running. Good luck with the waitlist, from what I remember you raised your GMAT to 710 so I would feel pretty confident if I were you. Hopefully we both will hear something positive!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 08:52
squali83 wrote:
Well if that is the case I will probably be out of the running. Good luck with the waitlist, from what I remember you raised your GMAT to 710 so I would feel pretty confident if I were you. Hopefully we both will hear something positive!


I just feel like the wait list might not be necessary - or that I wont hear until well into may or early summer if I did get in so I am concerned.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 440
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 08:57
OasisNYK wrote:
squali83 wrote:
Well if that is the case I will probably be out of the running. Good luck with the waitlist, from what I remember you raised your GMAT to 710 so I would feel pretty confident if I were you. Hopefully we both will hear something positive!


I just feel like the wait list might not be necessary - or that I wont hear until well into may or early summer if I did get in so I am concerned.


Most schools review wait lists with every admit round. I imagine you will hear rather shortly after I do. I would not worry too much, the worst thing about hearing late is burning a security deposit at another school. Who knows this whole admit process seems to be completely random.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 09:25
squali83 wrote:
OasisNYK wrote:
squali83 wrote:
Well if that is the case I will probably be out of the running. Good luck with the waitlist, from what I remember you raised your GMAT to 710 so I would feel pretty confident if I were you. Hopefully we both will hear something positive!


I just feel like the wait list might not be necessary - or that I wont hear until well into may or early summer if I did get in so I am concerned.


Most schools review wait lists with every admit round. I imagine you will hear rather shortly after I do. I would not worry too much, the worst thing about hearing late is burning a security deposit at another school. Who knows this whole admit process seems to be completely random.


lol well i wish i had that problem - i would gladly burn a SD at another school - but my reality is 2 WL left to hear from...the rest were dings...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2006
Posts: 239
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 20:10
Wow..This shocked me, I got DINGed. After getting in @ Duke and Michigan (and interview invite from Cornell) I thought I was a cinch to get in. I'm 90% Michigan anyways, so this doesn't really bother me too much. Hurts my ego a tad though. :-D

Who knows what to make of this whole process...
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2308
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 20:13
Woohoo, I made it at Darden. Website updated right after 12AM EST. I'll be back to post some more details. A little basketball to watch, and a little celebrating to do first.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1547 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 20:15
pelihu wrote:
Woohoo, I made it at Darden. Website updated right after 12AM EST. I'll be back to post some more details. A little basketball to watch, and a little celebrating to do first.


Congrats. So is Darden the front runner now?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2006
Posts: 239
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 20:24
pelihu wrote:
Woohoo, I made it at Darden. Website updated right after 12AM EST. I'll be back to post some more details. A little basketball to watch, and a little celebrating to do first.


Congrats!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 482
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 20:40
pelihu wrote:
Woohoo, I made it at Darden. Website updated right after 12AM EST. I'll be back to post some more details. A little basketball to watch, and a little celebrating to do first.



Congrats Pelihu....
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2308
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2007, 21:32
rhyme wrote:
pelihu wrote:
Woohoo, I made it at Darden. Website updated right after 12AM EST. I'll be back to post some more details. A little basketball to watch, and a little celebrating to do first.


Congrats. So is Darden the front runner now?


Thanks guys.

It's probably going against the grain a little, but from a personal standpoint, I think I prefer Darden to Duke. I don't know if it's because I don't like their basketball team, or if I don't want to be hated by everyone all across the country, but Duke never struck a great chord with me. I do think Duke is a great business school and I'm sure everyone headed there will have great experiences. I'm going to do some additional research on both schools before I make a final decision between the two, and I'll post my thoughts in the next few days. Once I make a choice, I'll release my admit at the other place to, hopefully, free up a spot for a GMATclub Waitlister.

With regards to other schools, I expect to hear back from UCLA soon, but since expanding my personal network is one of my goals (I did my undergrad at UCLA), I'm not sure how I'll feel about UCLA v. Darden & Duke. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I also followed up with Michigan and found out that my app wasn't considered for the last round because one of my recs arrived very late. If some of you recall, I wasn't given a decision on the deadline. This really pissed me off because I actually confirmed (I still have the email) that this wouldn't be a problem; my rec was late because my recommender in China couldn't access US websites due to the Taiwan earthquake. Anyhow, even though I love Michigan, I'm pretty unhappy with their shoddy treatment, and probably won't have them consider my app for R3. Then there's Berkeley and Stanford, which would throw a big wrench into everything, and the Columbia WL.

As I mentioned earlier, I didn't want to post anything about my Darden interview until after the decision because I didn't want to jinx myself (as with Columbia), but I had a great interview with Darden. I'll post a report later.

Batchgmat, I agree that it is tough to figure out. Darden did report in a recent podcast that admissions were up 35% this year, and that while 79% of business schools reported increases in applications, only 20% (I'm going off the top of my head) reported substantial increases, and Darden was in that group. It seems that almost all of the top ranked schools have had substantial increases though. Bottom line, it is a maddening process for applicants; very tough to figure out.
  [#permalink] 22 Mar 2007, 21:32
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Cornell vs Darden - Acceptance gl 0 18 Jan 2012, 07:15
75 Experts publish their posts in the topic Darden 2012 - Calling All Applicants jimmy86 1122 06 Jul 2011, 23:00
Wharton and Darden Begin Accepting GRE 2012dreams 0 29 Jul 2009, 13:00
5 Calling Darden 2008 Applicants nervousgmat 291 15 Aug 2007, 11:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Darden acceptance calls

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 27 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.