Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 23:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 144

Kudos [?]: 911 [1] , given: 869

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2013, 21:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
The University of Virginia : Darden School of Business Administration

Waitlisted Applicants Thread.

Roll Call

NOTE :- The above list updates automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the list, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.

Good luck to all Waitlisted Candidates!! :)

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 7

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2013, 22:37
Has anyone contacted the adcom regarding the waitlist yet?
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 144

Kudos [?]: 911 [0], given: 869

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 12:09
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/531329318
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Manager
Manager

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 08:26
Have any Darden waitlisters either received an update from Darden or withdrawn from the waitlist?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 14:01
Received feedback in January and have sent two updates since. Today, I received an email stating my application status changed - when I log in, I see another letter indicating I've elected to remain on the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.58
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 16:22
thefinancelady wrote:
Have any Darden waitlisters either received an update from Darden or withdrawn from the waitlist?

I withdrew from the waitlist in January, yet I received an email today stating that I had a status update. The update incorrectly said that I had elected to remain on the waitlist and that if I wanted to withdraw, I should fill out the form. After clicking on the form (again), however, it confirmed that I declined in January. Clearly the Darden application portal insists on rejecting me down the road rather than let me go on my own terms...

Good luck to everyone still on the list!
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 05:24
cmgs99 wrote:
Received feedback in January and have sent two updates since. Today, I received an email stating my application status changed - when I log in, I see another letter indicating I've elected to remain on the waitlist.

Did they provide individual feedback on your app? When I contacted adcomm, all they said was to submit an update by mid-March.
Intern
Intern

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 07:25
Yes, I scheduled a meeting with the waitlist manager and received feedback specific to my app. My first update was to respond to the feedback and my second update was more general - covering interest in Darden, work projects and extracurricular activities.
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2014, 10:06
cmgs99 wrote:
Yes, I scheduled a meeting with the waitlist manager and received feedback specific to my app. My first update was to respond to the feedback and my second update was more general - covering interest in Darden, work projects and extracurricular activities.

Wow, that's good news for you - hopefully you'll have a leg up for getting an admit on Monday. Would you mind sharing some of the feedback that you received?
Intern
Intern

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 07:33
The feedback was that my interview was the weak point of my application. Not surprising as Darden was my first b-school interview and I felt my later interviews went much better. The waitlist manager asked for an essay discussing my interest in an MBA and Darden specifically.
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 20:07
Any waitlisters received an update/admission yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.37
WE: Education (Education)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 13:09
Has anyone on the WL heard anything today?
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 13:44
jl2590 wrote:
Has anyone on the WL heard anything today?

I didn't. I'm pretty bummed, as I thought I wrote a good/significant/personal update letter. But maybe they aren't calling waitlisters yet? This forum seems really quiet...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 23:20
Hello Guys, I was Waitlisted in the second Round. Do I have to ask for a "WL Feedback" or do they send it automatically ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2014, 01:54
No calls/emails for me either :( Even my application status hasn't changed.
Do any of you know if we automatically roll over to R3 or get dinged at R2?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 0

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2014, 08:23
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call - admitted from Rd 1 waitlist!!!! Beyond excited to get the offer, to those waiting - don't give up!
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2014, 09:08
cmgs99 wrote:
Just got the call - admitted from Rd 1 waitlist!!!! Beyond excited to get the offer, to those waiting - don't give up!

You got the call today? Did they mention anything about the waitlist in general that the rest of us can over-analyze and obsess over?

Congrats!
Intern
Intern

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2014, 16:02
Thanks, got the call today - waitlist manager said they were busy with Rd 2 candidates, etc. She had called last Thursday to let me know I was in consideration for an offer and to make sure I was still interested in Darden.

My advice to anyone waiting - respond to their feedback and tell them if Darden is your first choice/you will accept!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2014, 13:41
Just got the call - admitted from the Wait List!!!!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2014, 14:45
Declined my spot on Sunday, hopefully they open it up to one of you in time for Darden Days, good luck!
Re: Darden Class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2014, 14:45