Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: CBS '16 (M$)
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Thanks bud! There is no "view update" link on my page. Or I may be absolutely blind! I will wait a few hours and then contact admissions. Did you receive an email as well? I have not received any emails from Darden either.

skp0402 wrote:
latinomba360 wrote:
Thanks for the reply! I did click on that. The only thing that I see is view application proof link. I have applied to other schools and know what you are talking about, but I do not see that for Darden. ; (

I most likely got rejected but still want to know!

After you login -> click on MBA round1 -> Click "Open Application" -> In the new page on right hand side you should see a link "view update" -> click there
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
I'm also waitlisted. I'd be very interested to hear what the Darden philosophy is regarding this. Are thrown into the pool with the R2 candidates? Do they review the waitlist after R2 and R3 admits? If my responsibilities at work have changed, should I send an update to admissions?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Kudos
ilibma wrote:
blaircw429 wrote:
The admitted students video is super cute. Nice touch by the admissions committee to put that together.

Did anyone receive a scholarship letter in addition to the official online acceptance letter? Last year, the two went out together and I'm trying to get a sense of whether this is the case this year as well...

When I was down interviewing I sat in on a financial aid discussion, and they said they're not allowed to disclose scholarship information online or over the phone and that it will come with the physical letter.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
No wait list manager. If the process hasn't changed, I am pretty sure you opt in to the wait list. You'll get an e-mail from the person who is managing the list weeks later. You really just need to e-mail or call somebody in admissions to schedule phone time to get feedback on your application at that point, but don't do it before you receive communication.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
sdd996 wrote:
ilibma wrote:
blaircw429 wrote:
The admitted students video is super cute. Nice touch by the admissions committee to put that together.

Did anyone receive a scholarship letter in addition to the official online acceptance letter? Last year, the two went out together and I'm trying to get a sense of whether this is the case this year as well...

When I was down interviewing I sat in on a financial aid discussion, and they said they're not allowed to disclose scholarship information online or over the phone and that it will come with the physical letter.

I also asked the adcom during my call yesterday and they confirmed that scholarship and financial aid information will be included in your admittance letter and packet.

Congrats to all the other admits!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.45
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
sdd996 wrote:
ilibma wrote:
blaircw429 wrote:

Good to know, thanks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: The Darden Faculty: Our Culture in Action
In this week’s guest post, First Year student Danielle DeJong gives her insight on how Darden’s faculty plays a role in the School’s close-knit culture:

“The First Year class just wrapped up two terms of a course called Leading Organizations, and one of my biggest takeaways from that class was that a good organizational culture can be an incredible force — but it doesn’t create itself.

The companies with the most powerful cultures have carefully and intentionally shaped their cultures to align with their organizations’ strategic goals and closely-held values, and then they have established a strong commitment to those goals and values across every level of their organizations. Darden has long championed the benefits of a “high-touch” culture, and our professors are instrumental in upholding and fiercely protecting that culture.

Earlier this fall in Marketing, we discussed a case on carpet sales. It was “just another day” in Section B when our dearly loved Marketing professor, Ron Wilcox, walked into our classroom with a large roll of leopard-print carpet. The scope of the day’s topic suddenly broadened significantly.

No longer were we simply discussing a case about the distribution channel for stain-resistant carpet — now we were trying to solve a mystery of Sherlock Holmesian proportions: how had our Marketing professor come to find freshly laid leopard-print carpet in his basement? Who was the “decision making unit”? Given that it was Ron, who was influencing him? (An adorable little girl with a matching stuffed animal, it turns out.) What was the “decision making process”? Did he research the carpet? Where did he ultimately buy it? How sensitive was he to the price?

This small story — one of many from my first two terms at Darden — serves to illustrate a couple important points:

1. We work very hard at Darden – but we have a lot of fun.

2. This is our “high-touch” culture in action. Not only do our professors make themselves readily available to us outside of the classroom, they also bring their own lives and stories into the classroom. They aim for maximum engagement and personal connection. Section B’s Leading Organizations professor, Scott Snell, started off class on his wedding anniversary by projecting a big picture of his family onto the screens in our classroom and taking a moment to tell us what an undeserved gift of grace his wife has been in his life.

During our last day of Term 2 Accounting, Professor Mark Haskins broke from his formal exam advice to adopt an almost paternal tone: “Get a good night’s sleep. Eat well. Go get some exercise.” And then he smiled at us and quietly said, “We’re rooting for you.” That succinct statement perfectly summarizes the attitude of every Darden professor towards his or her students.

The Economist has ranked our educational experience as the world’s best three years in a row now, and while there are any number of important factors that play into that world-class experience, I truly believe it all starts with our faculty. They push us, challenge us, and relentlessly cold call us, but underneath it all we know that their deepest desire is to see us succeed. They demand our best – and they give their best. A world-class experience indeed.”

Danielle DeJong is proud to number herself among the birds of Section B and remains convinced that she has the best Learning Team at Darden. Prior to Darden she spent three and a half years working for an information technology company in the Pacific Northwest and is thrilled to experience being an East Coaster for the first time. When not shifting ISLM curves, battling Crystal Ball in Excel, or crunching seemingly endless numbers at the behest of Ron Wilcox, she loves to run, read good books, and drink too much coffee.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Update for Waitlisted Applicants
If you were placed on the waitlist for Round 1, please inform us of your decision to remain on the waitlist by submitting our Waitlist Response form. The link to the Waitlist Response form can be found on the letter located in your application status update page.

We will reach out to those of you who wish to remain on the waitlist in January, when you receive an email assigning you to a waitlist manager. Your waitlist manager will be a member of the Admissions Committee and will provide feedback on your application. Please inform your waitlist manager about pertinent changes in your professional responsibilities, new test scores, additional coursework and involvements outside work.

The Admissions Committee will continue to review your application periodically. We encourage you to keep in contact with us throughout this process and appreciate your continued interest in the Darden School.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
shouldn't we start a thread for the admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone here for the EMBA? I was told by my interviewer that results would come out today at the latest, before breaking for Christmas.

-cryppie
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Have anybody received the physical offer letter?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Kudos
yoko182 wrote:

Got a tracking number, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow (FedEx International Priority). Though it is a bit strange as the tracking is still on "initiated".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
gentlejack wrote:
yoko182 wrote:

Got a tracking number, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow (FedEx International Priority). Though it is a bit strange as the tracking is still on "initiated".

I called the Fedex office here, and they told me that the package hasn't yet been picked up. So expect more delays with the package. Also i think when it gets picked up, we will get an update email. Phew!! I am soooooooo curious to find whether $$ or 0 :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gentlejack wrote:
yoko182 wrote:

And now i got a new tracking number! Oh dear
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden’s Round 2 MBA Application Deadline is 7 January 2014
The Round 2 deadline for Darden’s full-time MBA is approaching. If you would like to be considered in Round 2, please submit your application by Tuesday, 7 January at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Apply to Darden

This past fall, MBA Admissions Dean Sara Neher posted a video blog giving Round 2 applicants advice on how to approach the short answer questions. You can review the video here: Approaching Darden’s Short Answer Questions.

Hear more application advice from Sara Neher.

We look forward to reading your application!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
deviantg wrote:
gentlejack wrote:
yoko182 wrote:

And now i got a new tracking number! Oh dear

Is that one showing anything more than "initiated"?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts