Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2013, 06:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Winter Holiday Hours
The Darden School of Business will be closed on Tuesday, 24 December – Thursday, 26 December and Tuesday, 31 December – Wednesday, 1 January. If you have questions specifically for the Admissions Committee, please e-mail us at darden@virginia.edu. We will respond by Thursday, 2 January.

There will be no weekly admissions chat on Wednesday, 25 December or Wednesday, 1 January.

Have a wonderful new year.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2013, 13:24
how do you get a tracking number?
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2013, 18:41
And now i got a new tracking number! Oh dear[/quote]
Is that one showing anything more than "initiated"?[/quote]
Stuck at initiated and now since the estimated delivery time has passed, it just says N/A
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2014, 09:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Round 2 Application Due Tuesday, 7 January at 5:00 p.m. (EDT)
Darden’s Round 2 application to the full-time format of our MBA program is due on Tuesday, 7 January at 5:00 p.m. (EDT).

Due to the high volume of traffic, you may encounter some technical difficulties. If this occurs, please simply sign-out and log back in. If this does not solve your issue, contact us at admissionstechsupport@darden.virginia.edu or call us at +1-434-924-1051.

When you submit your application, you will be able to view a PDF proof of your application. Please note that this proof will not include your resume. We will contact applicants who have missing materials — otherwise, you should assume that your application is complete.

We will begin extending invitations to interview on a rolling basis in February. If you apply in Round 2 and are interested in attending a class visit, we recommend that you wait to see if you receive an interview invitation before scheduling your visit. Limited class visits will be available for those who travel to Darden for their interview.

Good luck and we look forward to reading your application!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2014, 12:09
Submitted my application and now the waiting begins! All the best fellow R2 applicants!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 9

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2014, 18:30
In for R2! The wait begins.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE: Supply Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 10:12
Hey guys, just finishing up my R2 application. I had a question did anyone notice that the challenging work situation essay actually does allow you to go above the 500 word limit. I am currently on 518 and was wondering how strict Darden is with their word limit. It seems for the other shorter essays the application doesnt allow you to go above the limit but for this one it does.
Current Student

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 10:33
nextstopmba wrote:
Hey guys, just finishing up my R2 application. I had a question did anyone notice that the challenging work situation essay actually does allow you to go above the 500 word limit. I am currently on 518 and was wondering how strict Darden is with their word limit. It seems for the other shorter essays the application doesnt allow you to go above the limit but for this one it does.

Yeah it does allow; however, its not advised to exceed the limit. If you are unable to express your thought in 500 words, I would say exceed by few words; however I wld still say dnt.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 16

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 10:46
nextstopmba wrote:

It is unlikely that they would even notice it, as it ends up as an pdf (as the rest of the application). But to be save, just stick to the 500 words limit...
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 10:49
In for R2, let's rock!
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 11:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Resources for Entrepreneurs at Darden
In this week’s guest post, First Year student Sarah Rumbaugh outlines how aspiring entrepreneurs benefit from the Darden MBA program:

Sarah Rumbaugh
MBA Class of 2015

“When applying to MBA programs, I looked for schools fostering high community engagement, a superior educational environment, and robust entrepreneurial opportunities. Undisputedly, Darden has been recognized for its academic program and community based environment pronounced through the case method style of instruction that pushes students inside and outside the classroom to be better prepared to articulate opinions, convince classmates of arguments and ultimately to be well equipped for the workforce upon graduation.

Little did I know prior to visiting campus and learning more about the program, the Darden School of Business would also offer me the entrepreneurial resources and opportunities to pursue my entrepreneurial aspirations.

The Princeton Review’s annual 2013 rankings placed Darden No. 5 on its list of the “Top 25 Graduate Entrepreneurship Programs for 2014.” Darden has been putting its stamp on the entrepreneurial ground for some time now. The MBA program offers services that keep aspiring entrepreneurs engaged in competitions and networking events, connecting them with community and alumni entrepreneurs, and offering an Incubator accelerator program for students starting businesses.

The following opportunities and resources have been truly valuable to my entrepreneurial pursuits while at Darden:

The Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club
The Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club is a student-run club that connects members with other First and Second Year members, Charlottesville community entrepreneurs and alumni entrepreneurs. The club prepares students for entrepreneurial competitions, the i.Lab Incubator application, and ultimately a career in entrepreneurship.

Second Year club members share their perspectives and experiences in entrepreneurship with First Years. Networking events with alumni and Charlottesville community entrepreneurs are held, enabling students to form lasting connections with potential mentors, advisor and investors. Panel presentations consisting of Second Year students who successfully competed in entrepreneurial competitions the year prior provide First Years with valuable perspectives and insight on how to best position their business pitches and business plans for upcoming competitions and events.

The Batten Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Darden’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, supported by the Batten Institute, is a $100M endowed center of excellence at Darden. The center is dedicated to supporting students through knowledge about entrepreneurship and innovation and to cultivating principled entrepreneurial leaders. The center runs the i.Lab Incubator accelerator program, and advises students on their entrepreneurial pursuits, preparing them for the Incubator application, and seeing participants through the Incubator program.

W.L. Lyons Brown III Innovation Laboratory (i.Lab)
The i.Lab is the center for the Incubator Program. It supports development of promising early-stage business ventures by providing participants funding, faculty and student support, office space, access to technological expertise, and free legal services. The Incubator strives to educate participants about new-venture development, foster formation of start-up businesses, and create an entrepreneurial community that facilitates mutual support.

The Incubator is a one-year program starting in May with a full-time 10 week summer internship and subsequent continued support, commitment, and activity following your internship from August to April.

Entrepreneurship Competitions
Students interested in entrepreneurship have multiple opportunities to pitch business ideas to investors, peers, faculty, alumni, business leaders and the broader UVA entrepreneurial community through entrepreneurial competitions.

Competitions include the Concept Competition, a preliminary event encouraging the development of new business ventures; UVA Entrepreneurship Cup, a university-wide competition that decides the ultimate entrepreneurial concept champion for the entire UVA community; Effectual De-Risking Competition, which encourages students to create business concepts with self-selected stakeholders while reducing the risks associated with launching businesses; and the Business Plan Competition 2.0, which focuses on the value of the business.

The Batten Venture Internship Program (BVIP)
BVIP is a summer internship program that subsidizes summer internships for students interested in working at a venture capital, start-up or small-scale business organizations. The program provides students interested in entrepreneurship with the opportunity to experience venture capital or small-scale side of entrepreneurship firsthand.

These entrepreneurial services have enabled me to stay on top of my entrepreneurial pursuits while simultaneously undergoing a rigorous academic program. The resources available at Darden for students interested in entrepreneurship create an entrepreneurial environment as interactive and demanding as traditional MBA industry recruiting. Darden begins preparing aspiring entrepreneurs from day one of the MBA program, offering unparalleled services, recourses and networking opportunities.”

Sarah Rumbaugh is a First Year student at the Darden School of Business. Prior to business school, she worked in management consulting at Booz Allen Hamilton supporting government clients on cyber security and information security engineering solutions. At Darden, Sarah is working on development of an MBA recruiting tool for three key users: MBA students and alumni, MBA recruiting companies and MBA career services centers.

Current Student

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 19:48
gentlejack wrote:
nextstopmba wrote:

It is unlikely that they would even notice it, as it ends up as an pdf (as the rest of the application). But to be save, just stick to the 500 words limit...

Hey thanks..I ultimately found a way to squeeze my essay into 500 words. Btw noticed that you have already been accepted at Darden.. Congratulations!!
Current Student

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 19:49
AdiRedDevil wrote:
nextstopmba wrote:

Yeah it does allow; however, its not advised to exceed the limit. If you are unable to express your thought in 500 words, I would say exceed by few words; however I wld still say dnt.

Hey thanks for the quick reply, I was able to stick with 500 words :)
Current Student

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 20:34
Anyone going for the meetup in Singapore on 10th Jan ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Reviews Badge
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 21:30
In for R2!

Please Kudos if you found my post useful

My Debrief: 760-q50-v44-3-months-of-prep-and-advice-162812.html#p1289527

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 22:31
deviantg wrote:

Hey,

What is the meetup about? I'd like to go if possible.
Thanks.
Current Student

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 22:42
nextstopmba wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
nextstopmba wrote:

Hey thanks for the quick reply, I was able to stick with 500 words :)

Ur welcome! N all the best!
Current Student

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 22:45
btgmat wrote:
deviantg wrote:

Hey,

Thanks.

I think its for admitted students and alumni.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 23:15
deviantg wrote:
btgmat wrote:
deviantg wrote:

Hey,

Thanks.

I think its for admitted students and alumni.

Oh thanks !! I can't join then.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2014, 00:27
In for R2! Does Darden conduct interviews across cities in India or is it over Skype for Indian applicants?
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2014, 00:27