Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.85
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V29
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Just received the email with the invitation. Didn't even see when are the skype interview spots. Got excited with business school again after the dings from HBS and Tuck.

PS:Applicant from Brazil.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Just received the invitation to interview (remotely)! U.S. applicant but located in Germany.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
By the way, does anyone have a clue on the interview to admission ratio for Darden? I have no idea, and couldn't find it anywhere. Just wanted to have an idea on what are my chances from here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
newiceguy wrote:
By the way, does anyone have a clue on the interview to admission ratio for Darden? I have no idea, and couldn't find it anywhere. Just wanted to have an idea on what are my chances from here.

I read somewhere that they interviewed 41% and accepted 25% (can't remember which year this was for). That comes out to around 60% accepted after interview. I'm honestly surprised. The interview was incredibly easy ("tell me about yourself for 30 minutes"). I am trying to think how somebody screws that up and doesn't get admitted...

With my luck, I will be one of those people :oops:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Employment Report for the Darden Class of 2013
The Economist ranks Darden No. 1 for its diversity of recruiters. In 2013, 27% of Darden graduates from the Class of 2013 accepted positions in the consulting industry, making an average base salary of $129,254. Other top industries for Darden students included Financial Services (26%), Technology (14%) and Consumer Products (13%).

Employment Data by Industry

Industry

Accepted Offers

Average Base Salary

Average Signing Bonus

Consulting

27%

$129,254

$26,615

Consumer Products

13%

$100,818

$20,600

Energy

3%

$110,571

$19,115

Financial Services

26%

$101,469

$41,250

Investment Banking

19%

$100,348

$44,464

Investment Mgmt/Portfolio Mgmt

2%

$113,750

N/A

Other Financial Services

5%

$101,633

$27,273

Manufacturing

12%

$106,577

N/A

Miscellaneous

3%

$143,750

$16,750

Real Estate

1%

$96,667

N/A

Technology

14%

$111,817

$32,644

Transportation

1%

$96,680

$20,000

Total

100%*

$111,171

$29,421

* Percentages have been rounded and may not total 100.

Please visit our website to view additional information on employment data by job function and geography, top hiring companies and Darden MBA internships.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
qw1981 wrote:
Any indian applicant living in India who has got the invite?

No from my end..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just received my invite

Applicant from Brazil
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Analyst (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
Brazilian here.
Also got the invitation.
=)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Supply Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Got my interview invite yesterday..Indian living in Singapore..I had a question for guys who have been invited for interview or those who have already interviewed in R1..do all international students get only Skype interview option in the email invite and do you have to schedule it yourself?

The reason I ask this is because I got email saying my interview will be with an alum and the alum will contact me to schedule an interview in the next 10 business days. So I am a bit confused that I need to wait for alum to schedule the interview and I cannot do anything but wait. Any international student who interviewed with an alum please throw some light on this process. Thanks for your help in advnce.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
nextstopmba wrote:
Got my interview invite yesterday..Indian living in Singapore..I had a question for guys who have been invited for interview or those who have already interviewed in R1..do all international students get only Skype interview option in the email invite and do you have to schedule it yourself?

The reason I ask this is because I got email saying my interview will be with an alum and the alum will contact me to schedule an interview in the next 10 business days. So I am a bit confused that I need to wait for alum to schedule the interview and I cannot do anything but wait. Any international student who interviewed with an alum please throw some light on this process. Thanks for your help in advnce.

My guess would be there's an alum based in Singapore and s/he is willing to be the interviewer. The majority of us got Skype ones. But it's more fun talking to a person than a webcam. :lol:

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
senyi wrote:
nextstopmba wrote:

My guess would be there's an alum based in Singapore and s/he is willing to be the interviewer. The majority of us got Skype ones. But it's more fun talking to a person than a webcam. :lol:

Good luck!

Just adding to that, I have an skype interview, but a friend of mine who was accepted in R1 had an interview with an alum, and we are in the same city, so the decision on the type of interview may be based on alum availability for the location, and dates required.

Anyway, good luck on your interview, it is always a good sign to receive the invitation.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Building a Strong Community for Women MBAs
Darden was recently recognized for being the most collaborative MBA community for women by Nerd Scholar. Through Darden’s Graduate Women in Business (GWiB) club and the “Wednesday 10s” program (see below for information), Darden provides a supportive network for women MBAs and facilitates conversations happening around issues and challenges women face in their careers.

Ashley Oost-Lievense, President of GWIB, and Alison Stewart, VP Networking, discuss the resources GWiB offers to students below:

“The mission and purpose of the GWiB club is to provide members with awareness, resources, support and a cohesive network. As an organization, we have always promoted collaboration among female students, faculty and administration at the Darden School through networking and club events.

Some of our organization’s most popular events for women MBAs at Darden include Wednesday 10s and Diversity dinners, which encourage members to celebrate and learn about one another’s backgrounds over delicious food!

Additionally, just this past year, in an effort to extend our collaborative efforts, we have also invited men to join the club as part of a pilot program to explore better ways broaden the understanding and support for women in the workplace. This has been a really exciting initiative and we look forward to seeing how it develops with future GWiB members.

Wednesday 10s provide an opportunity for women in the Darden community — students, staff and faculty — to have real conversations about what it means to be a woman in the business world. In these sessions women share examples of situations they’ve faced in the past and provide valuable takeaways on how to even the playing field and be more confident business women.”

Learn more about resources for women at Darden.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Starting to think that no interview invite is coming, based on the front page stats matching up to the first round based on interviews/invited to interviews...I know that they go until march, but still each day that passes isn't making me any more confident.

ha, how's everyone else feeling? Congrats to those that do have interview invites though!!

East coast applicant - in/from Virginia...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 560 Q34 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q41 V38
GPA: 2.6
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
darcraidr1 wrote:
Starting to think that no interview invite is coming, based on the front page stats matching up to the first round based on interviews/invited to interviews...I know that they go until march, but still each day that passes isn't making me any more confident.

ha, how's everyone else feeling? Congrats to those that do have interview invites though!!

waiting from VA also bud, still holding out hope
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
Looking at last years' threads, invites for interview are extended till the last week of Feb.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Really starting to get disheartened now. No contact from Darden yet. Considering extreme measures, like delivering the admissions staff cookies (But not really. Pretty sure that'd break a code of conduct.).
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
darcraidr1 wrote:

You are echoing my thoughts
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts