Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Did any Indian applicants get an interview invite lately?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Programming (Investment Banking)
Send PM
StrivingTurtle wrote:

Not yet, hope is all we have!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Whole Foods CEO Kicks Off Leadership Speaker Series
Walter Robb, Co-CEO of Whole Foods, kicked off the spring 2014 session of the Leadership Speaker Series, addressing the theme: “Leaders Who Inspire Innovation, Collaboration and Growth.” Robb spoke about how the company focused on community stakeholders from Detroit in order to open a successful store in the city’s Midtown section — despite naysayers and skeptics who thought it would never be profitable.

Watch a recording of Robb’s presentation and Q&A session in the video below:

Darden Leadership Speaker Series: Walter Robb, Co-CEO of Whole Foods Market

You can view additional videos on the Darden Leadership Speaker Series playlist on YouTube.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fiona30 wrote:
StrivingTurtle wrote:

Not yet, hope is all we have!

Indeed, and it is thinning out rather quickly! I hope we receive some good news in the next few days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
StrivingTurtle wrote:

No nothing yet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
For those interviewing on campus, has anyone stayed at the Inn at Darden, or is it better to be off campus to get some perspective of Charlottesville?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
luciadempsey wrote:
For those interviewing on campus, has anyone stayed at the Inn at Darden, or is it better to be off campus to get some perspective of Charlottesville?

Inn at Darden seems to be a good option. i was not aware of the prospective student rate, so I opted for the Cavalier's Inn, but the Inn at Darden is way more convenient. Nightlife for Darden students is mainly at "the Corner", that is a 20min stroll or $10 cab ride away... Not sure which hotels are closer to that, but I would prefer the sort distance in the morning.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.82
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Bookmarks
I lived in Charlottesville for a few years, so here's my take. Inn at Darden is an obvious walk, but there is nothing really around there. Cavalier is between Darden and the Corner. However, if you stay at the Red Roof or the Hampton Inn, you'll be close to the corner & some great restaurants (which Charlottesville is known for)...and it's a quick cab to Darden. I recommend the latter. If anyone wants any particular advice on the area, feel free to ask.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
luciadempsey wrote:

The Inn at Darden is very convenient for getting to your interview, but unless you have a car the trip will feel pretty secluded. If you're just getting there the day/night before your interview and plan to stay in your room and prep, it's a fine choice. There is a zipcar at Darden you can use to run out to grab food (if you're a member). I did this for my interview, but in hindsight I wish I stayed somewhere in town.

If you're staying longer, or want to get a better feel for CVille, I'd say stay somewhere in town. If you have a car, any of the hotels on Emmet St and that are are great options. I just recently did this on a second trip down. If you don't have a car, I'd probably stay more in the downtown mall or corner area and use a cab for getting back and forth. I'd probably recommend the car route either way just because you'll be able to better explore CVille on your own and see what it offers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No invite yet. Pretty much the end of road, I guess !! :(
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Round 2 Admissions Updates: Interviews and Class Visits
As February draws to a close, we would like to give you a few admissions-related updates.

Darden continues to invite selected Round 2 applicants to interview on and off Grounds. Applicants can receive an invitation to interview at any time up until the decision release date of 25 March.

As a reminder, your application status will not be updated until 25 March, when you will be able to view your decision on your application status page.

Due to the spring break and exam schedule, there will not be any full-time MBA class visits available in March. Class visits will resume in April, and registration for those will be open in late March.

All admitted students will be invited to attend Darden Days on 11-12 April. This event will include a mock class taught by members of Darden’s highly acclaimed faculty. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your application, we encourage you to email us at darden@virginia.edu.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
SM2014 wrote:
I lived in Charlottesville for a few years, so here's my take. Inn at Darden is an obvious walk, but there is nothing really around there. Cavalier is between Darden and the Corner. However, if you stay at the Red Roof or the Hampton Inn, you'll be close to the corner & some great restaurants (which Charlottesville is known for)...and it's a quick cab to Darden. I recommend the latter. If anyone wants any particular advice on the area, feel free to ask.

Thanks, all - very helpful! I will have a car, but am totally new to Charlottesville, so I'd love to get a feel for the place and not just see UVA. I'll aim for something near the Corner. You mention it's known for great restaurants - any places we should try in particular? We're coming from Portland, OR and we love good beer and good food. :) Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.82
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
luciadempsey wrote:
SM2014 wrote:

Thanks, all - very helpful! I will have a car, but am totally new to Charlottesville, so I'd love to get a feel for the place and not just see UVA. I'll aim for something near the Corner. You mention it's known for great restaurants - any places we should try in particular? We're coming from Portland, OR and we love good beer and good food. :) Thanks!

Happy to help. I would recommend heading toward the downtown mall (no, this is not a shopping mall, it's more of an open boardwalk) for your best food options. I really enjoy Bang!, which is an Asian-tapas fusion place, and Ten, which is a sushi place right on the mall. If you've got some time and feel like exploring, Devil's Backbone and Blue Mountain Brewery are a ~30 minute drive from Charlottesville, and both have fantastic microbrews and a great food menu. Likewise, there are plenty of great vineyards out in the same area. There is also a new microbrew place called Three Notch'd that has a pretty decent IPA. This is a few blocks off of Main St (between the Corner and the downtown mall), but is about a 15 minute walk from the Red Roof. Overall, there are some great good places from the Corner, through Main St, and on to the Downtown Mall. If you have anything/food type in particular you are looking for, let me know, but you really can't go wrong.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
If you've been interview or invited to interview at Darden during R2 and have NOT YET updated your status in your applicant profile here on GMAT Club, please do so. It helps us get a sense of whether any remaining invites are set to come out based on the pattern that has held in prior years.

Thank you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
So does anyone know if there are still on-campus interviews in March (for domestic students) even with no class visits? My significant other is a current student at UVa and I was really hoping I'd get to do an on-campus interview with the added bonus of a visit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:
So does anyone know if there are still on-campus interviews in March (for domestic students) even with no class visits? My significant other is a current student at UVa and I was really hoping I'd get to do an on-campus interview with the added bonus of a visit.

I just checked the interview schedule and it looks like currently there are just a couple dates left. 2/28 and 3/3. That being said, those dates weren't initially available when I signed up for my interview, so I am sure if they needed to, they would make more dates available. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Im thinking its pretty much done with the invites, looking at the last two years boards - it was pretty much over last week of Feb for '12 and '13. I know what Darden just posted; but, the track record and the stats on the front page dont look too promising. Plus, someone mentioned the Deadline for round 1 applicants to submit there deposits last week (Friday) - I would think by the beginning of the week, they would have had a solid number and the final interview spots would have gone out to be scheduled.

Maybe and hopefully, I will be proven wrong...but its been way to quiet for ~ a week now. :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts