Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:45 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Darden v.s Nortra Dame [#permalink]
GMATcram wrote:
Hi there,

I got admit from Darden. Now I also receive a call from Nortra Dame and ask to send official GMAT and TOEFL scores. Do I need to spend about 50 bulks for GMAT , TOEFL report and official transcript?
If you were in my shoe, would you send them?

You may receive a great fellowship from ND.
Director
Director
Send PM
From your email, it seems that you aren't excited about ND. Have you made up your mind ?

GMATcram wrote:
Hi there,

I got admit from Darden. Now I also receive a call from Nortra Dame and ask to send official GMAT and TOEFL scores. Do I need to spend about 50 bulks for GMAT , TOEFL report and official transcript?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
For ranking, I think Darden is better, but one factor I just finished interview with Chicago Adcom. I can see she enjoyed conversation...
Do you think you will accept a fellowship from a lower ranking school v.s better school? I can borrow loan from elite schools.

lhotseface wrote:
From your email, it seems that you aren't excited about ND. Have you made up your mind ?

GMATcram wrote:
Hi there,

Director
Director
Send PM
It is a personal question. In my situation, I won't go down a cluster for money. But as I said, people have different goals and motivations.

GMATcram wrote:
For ranking, I think Darden is better, but one factor I just finished interview with Chicago Adcom. I can see she enjoyed conversation...
Do you think you will accept a fellowship from a lower ranking school v.s better school? I can borrow loan from elite schools.

lhotseface wrote:

GMATcram wrote:
Hi there,

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just turned down ND's 10k a year fellowship offer. I really like their personal touch. I felt bad today when I got home and got a cute little postcard and DVD from them, but I got a far more compelling financial aid offer from Kelley so I had to. But again, ND seems like a very nice little community, apparently they have a pretty strong alumni network as well. Just a few thoughts on ND.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Maybe i am missing something, but i thought this was a no-brainer. Darden and NotreDame are seperated by multiple tiers.

Money or not, you should definitely go to Darden.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
maybe each may have different idea. Notre Dame is still a well regarded program, and the ranking is not everything. Besides, I myself went to Notre Dame, and I could felt the strong spirit there. I also visited Darden, and I believe that there is not a big gap between 2 schools.
GMATcram, since you're an international student, your choice may be different. If you're gonna stay in the US upon graduation, Darden is good for your career, but if you wanna back to your country, a scholarship from a well-known university like Notre Dame may be better for you.
IMHO, I will choose Notre Dame with the scholarship, even if I were admitted to any Elite school. I would consider if the school were Ultra Elite.
(but, Emory gave me the same amount, and Emory is slightly better+ atlanta city is more exciting, so I decided to go with Emory)
(Mark, we are on the same boat. I felt very sorry too when I received a lot of post cards, letters and DVD from Notre Dame)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]