Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 17:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 8

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 01:59
I've got an admission package today, and inside there are two letters. First is the one you see online, second is an additional letter from the Fin. Aid office which explains that all applicants are considered for a scholarship, and due to the competitive nature of the process etc. the school is unable to offer me one.

For those who are interested, I see only one letter online.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 07:35
Kjar wrote:
I've got an admission package today, and inside there are two letters. First is the one you see online, second is an additional letter from the Fin. Aid office which explains that all applicants are considered for a scholarship, and due to the competitive nature of the process etc. the school is unable to offer me one.

For those who are interested, I see only one letter online.



Same for me.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: starting my MBA journey
Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 53
Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: UCLA Anderson - Class of 2015
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 46

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 04:54
Kjar wrote:
I've got an admission package today, and inside there are two letters. First is the one you see online, second is an additional letter from the Fin. Aid office which explains that all applicants are considered for a scholarship, and due to the competitive nature of the process etc. the school is unable to offer me one.

For those who are interested, I see only one letter online.


Same here.
_________________

http://mbablogs.anderson.ucla.edu/mba_s ... kostenova/

Tuck Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 128
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 67

Premium Member
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 06:52
Kjar wrote:
I've got an admission package today, and inside there are two letters. First is the one you see online, second is an additional letter from the Fin. Aid office which explains that all applicants are considered for a scholarship, and due to the competitive nature of the process etc. the school is unable to offer me one.

For those who are interested, I see only one letter online.

+1. So adcom's approach is that if they only upload one letter online, it means you don't get any $$$.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 11:48
Hi all,,

I need advise.. I am accepted to Darden with about 40K $ scholarship and also at Johnson for Accelerated MBA program.
I like both schools. small class size, while communicating with students it was a pleasant experience
.. I think finishing Cornell MBA in 1 year will be better in terms of ROI...

I am super confused.. Would seriously appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 52
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 12:17
saurabhr wrote:
Hi all,,

I need advise.. I am accepted to Darden with about 40K $ scholarship and also at Johnson for Accelerated MBA program.
I like both schools. small class size, while communicating with students it was a pleasant experience
.. I think finishing Cornell MBA in 1 year will be better in terms of ROI...

I am super confused.. Would seriously appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.


Congrats on both fronts -- both are excellent schools!

I'm not sure what your career situation is, but if you are a career switcher, I'd strongly consider going with Darden. The internship experience for career switchers is critical, as is participation in extracurriculars that will help you demonstrate professional developmental. If you are changing careers, I would imagine that it would be quite hard to convince an employer to take you on without being able to show tangible experience.

Probably need to know more about your career situation to provide more thoughts, but my initial advice would be to NOT rule out Darden on cost alone.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: starting my MBA journey
Joined: 27 Aug 2011
Posts: 53
Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: UCLA Anderson - Class of 2015
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 46

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 03:48
saurabhr wrote:
Hi all,,

I need advise.. I am accepted to Darden with about 40K $ scholarship and also at Johnson for Accelerated MBA program.
I like both schools. small class size, while communicating with students it was a pleasant experience
.. I think finishing Cornell MBA in 1 year will be better in terms of ROI...

I am super confused.. Would seriously appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.


You know, if Darden gives you money, 2/3 of your second year they will cover. I personally do not believe in accelerated degree and I vote for 2 years at Darden:)
Plus, Darden is better in ratings, which is also important.
_________________

http://mbablogs.anderson.ucla.edu/mba_s ... kostenova/

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 04:49
saurabhr wrote:
Hi all,,

I need advise.. I am accepted to Darden with about 40K $ scholarship and also at Johnson for Accelerated MBA program.
I like both schools. small class size, while communicating with students it was a pleasant experience
.. I think finishing Cornell MBA in 1 year will be better in terms of ROI...

I am super confused.. Would seriously appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.


I would not overrate the ROI of a 1 year vs. 2 year MBA. For starters, a 1 year MBA is 12 years of academics while a two year MBA is 18 months of academics and 3 months of internship. When you break it down that way, the 1 year MBA is 2/3 of the 2Y, not 1/2.

Agree with what others said about career switching and the intership - that's important.

Also, from a tuition standpoint, you might not be saving that much seeing that the summer AMBA tuition is still $33K, and Darden is giving you a scholarship.

http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Time-MBA/Admissions/Tuition-Expenses.aspx
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 97
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE: Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 7

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 12:55
I have one question. When is the first day of school at Darden? i.e. when are we expected to arrive on campus to start orientation?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 33
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.22
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 42

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 20:15
Did you all receive your packages yet? I'm still waiting for my admissions packet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 04:50
danjohn4real wrote:
I have one question. When is the first day of school at Darden? i.e. when are we expected to arrive on campus to start orientation?


If you log into the admitted student portal. You will see the calendar.

For international students, it starts at August 15. For domestic, it's August 19.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 97
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE: Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 7

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 11:39
lmbe wrote:
danjohn4real wrote:
I have one question. When is the first day of school at Darden? i.e. when are we expected to arrive on campus to start orientation?


If you log into the admitted student portal. You will see the calendar.

For international students, it starts at August 15. For domestic, it's August 19.



Thanks! I originally checked the calendar of the regular Darden website and didnt see anything.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 273
Location: In Limbo
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 13:55
danjohn4real wrote:
lmbe wrote:
danjohn4real wrote:
I have one question. When is the first day of school at Darden? i.e. when are we expected to arrive on campus to start orientation?


If you log into the admitted student portal. You will see the calendar.

For international students, it starts at August 15. For domestic, it's August 19.



Thanks! I originally checked the calendar of the regular Darden website and didn't see anything.


In addition, the week before International Orientation, Darden offers "Pre-Matriculation" classes in Accounting, Excel, and Career Path choices that some students find helpful (I personally did not take them).

Most students start trickling in a couple weeks before classes start in order to meet other people and get situated in Charlottesville. I would recommend coming a bit before before (i.e. the first week in August) if you can as it's a pretty fun time. If you can't don't worry about it though.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 31
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 04:57
Hi guys! Any Round 3 applicants around?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2013
Posts: 27
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 10:21
waitingawaiting wrote:
Hi guys! Any Round 3 applicants around?


Right here. I have no word from the school yet though.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 31
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 02:23
Financehopeful wrote:
waitingawaiting wrote:
Hi guys! Any Round 3 applicants around?


Right here. I have no word from the school yet though.


Hey! Good to connect with you. I'm guessing there will be very very few R3 applicants. I have no word from the school yet, either. Will keep you posted if I do hear.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 37
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 10:35
I'm Rd 2 Consortium and just got accepted off of the waitlist! I'm super excited about attending Darden and chronicled my waitlist story on the Darden Waitlist forum: http://gmatclub.com/forum/darden-virginia-2013-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-149437.html#p1199373
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 14:24
Congrats!! I actually came here specifically to see how WL applicants are faring. I am also a consortium waitlister, sent in my updates recently and hoping for the same lovely luck.

Did you get feedback on your application by chance? Or just sent in updates? Congrats again, that is awesome!

MassApplyer wrote:
I'm Rd 2 Consortium and just got accepted off of the waitlist! I'm super excited about attending Darden and chronicled my waitlist story on the Darden Waitlist forum: http://gmatclub.com/forum/darden-virginia-2013-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-149437.html#p1199373
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 37
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 15:34
silvaware wrote:
Congrats!! I actually came here specifically to see how WL applicants are faring. I am also a consortium waitlister, sent in my updates recently and hoping for the same lovely luck.

Did you get feedback on your application by chance? Or just sent in updates? Congrats again, that is awesome!

MassApplyer wrote:
I'm Rd 2 Consortium and just got accepted off of the waitlist! I'm super excited about attending Darden and chronicled my waitlist story on the Darden Waitlist forum: http://gmatclub.com/forum/darden-virginia-2013-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-149437.html#p1199373


Checkout my post on the Waitlist Thread and it details every step I took. I would specifically recommend contacting Kellie as she manages the Consortium candidates. We did have a feedback session. A key I would point out, if this is true, is to tell Kellie: this is my top choice school, if I am accepted I will attend, and I need to decide by the April 15th Consortium Deadline. Goodluck and let me know how it goes or if you have any more Qs.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 09:28
waitingawaiting wrote:
Hi guys! Any Round 3 applicants around?


Yep, round 3 here!
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2013, 09:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
10 Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! MassApplyer 40 19 Mar 2013, 21:37
167 Experts publish their posts in the topic Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! souvik101990 793 18 Jul 2012, 05:09
Experts publish their posts in the topic Darden (Virgina) 2013 GEMBA- Calling all applicants souvik101990 3 14 Feb 2013, 20:13
Experts publish their posts in the topic Darden (Virgina) 2013 EMBA- Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 14 Feb 2013, 20:10
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40    Next  [ 794 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.