Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 35

GMAT Tests User
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 10:53
Congrats to you both. Have any non-consortium applicants gotten in? I wonder if we are on a different timeline.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 17

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 14:31
silvaware wrote:
I'm also in as of yesterday through the Consortium, wooo!

Congrats everyone :) I took the same path of correspondence and feedback as a poster above coincidentally, I was very impressed with Darden's adcom committee and how helpful they have been through the entire WL process. I can't say the same for a few other schools I got WL-ed at.

Me too and I feel the same about other Wls... So much so that I may decline the other offers because of the way they handled the WL and my acceptance.
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 14:32
rjdunn03 wrote:
Congrats to you both. Have any non-consortium applicants gotten in? I wonder if we are on a different timeline.

I didn't apply through the Consortium to Darden although I am a minority. I think I may get the membership. They did tell me that most people who will get admitted would be coming off by May 3rd so...... get in their ear if you haven't.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE: Research (Other)

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 35

GMAT Tests User
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 15:50
Ok good to know. I've been in touch with them and I sent in an update but I didn't know about the May 3rd date. Thanks for the info.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 06:18
Got the good news yesterday but will be turning it down in favor of another program. Hopefully this means good news for someone else!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 09:44
Question - if you were waitlisted round 2 and haven't heard anything today, on the round 3 deadline, I am assuming that means they will just continue to hold me on the waitlist? Any body in a similar situation or hear of anything today who was waitlisted as well?
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 10:34
averycb wrote:
Question - if you were waitlisted round 2 and haven't heard anything today, on the round 3 deadline, I am assuming that means they will just continue to hold me on the waitlist? Any body in a similar situation or hear of anything today who was waitlisted as well?

Yes, you continue to wait... Make your own destiny! Call//email them!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 10:37
I already sent them updates last week and had been in touch with Haley. Perhaps I should call today anyway? Wouldn't want to be overkill at this rate since Haley and I have been corresponding over the past few months since the round 2 notification date.
Manager
Manager

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 15:39
averycb wrote:
I already sent them updates last week and had been in touch with Haley. Perhaps I should call today anyway? Wouldn't want to be overkill at this rate since Haley and I have been corresponding over the past few months since the round 2 notification date.

I emailed 5 different AOs in one day and spoke over phone with a couple more then next week.... I'm now admitted. :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 23

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 11:19
Did others get the email from Darden adcom yesterday regarding the waitlist? I copied part of it below.

Quote:
We wanted to update you that we have narrowed the waitlist significantly, and you are among those remaining at this point. We believe that you have much to contribute to the business school classroom...

Is this something they sent to everyone? Did they actually ding some people off the waitlist? Or was it just narrowed due to those that were accepted last week?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 00:31
kasonhills wrote:
Did others get the email from Darden adcom yesterday regarding the waitlist? I copied part of it below.

Quote:
We wanted to update you that we have narrowed the waitlist significantly, and you are among those remaining at this point. We believe that you have much to contribute to the business school classroom...

Is this something they sent to everyone? Did they actually ding some people off the waitlist? Or was it just narrowed due to those that were accepted last week?

Got the same e-mail too. Don't know what to make of it. I asked for an ETA, but they mentioned they can really only tell by June. I think I'll be dropping out of the wait list if I don't hear any updates by this week or the next. I'll try again next end of this year. Don't think I want to keep everything else on hold for much longer.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 23

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 05:40
Yeah I hate being in this holding pattern. I've already paid a deposit to another school, so I'm just trying to hold off signing my apartment lease as long as I can, hoping to hear back from Darden in the meantime as they are my top choice. Really wish we could get some sort of ETA.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 11:20
Yeah I got that email as well...I'd be curious to know if anyone got a notification that they were taken off/dinged, but won't be surprised if we never hear about it
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Darden '15 (I)
GPA: 3.52

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 06:52
it has been awfully quiet on here lately...anyone have any updates?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 May 2013, 06:08
nope .... received that generic WL update email days ago .... other than that, the wait continues ...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 May 2013, 11:29
Has anyone currently on the WL heard anything yet? Other then the email on the 13th its been pretty quite. I'm thinking that phone calls will go out this week or the next...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Darden '15 (I)
GPA: 3.52

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 06:37
Anyone on the waitlist using the feedback call as an opportunity to gain insight on where he/she stands?
2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 57 [2] , given: 31

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 09:02
This post received
KUDOS
Thought I'd be a good GMAT Clubber and let you guys know I got into Darden yesterday! Sorry I didn't post sooner - went straight out and partied after work, but I know what it's like to be in your shoes, wanting to know what happens decision wise exactly when it happens. No cell service, but got a voicemail around 4 PM.

Hang in there. They sent that e-mail about narrowing down the waitlist for a reason so believe it.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2013, 07:19
Received the call yesterday. Its been a long wait since R1, and am very excited to have got in.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 64

Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2013, 14:41
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Thought I'd be a good GMAT Clubber and let you guys know I got into Darden yesterday! Sorry I didn't post sooner - went straight out and partied after work, but I know what it's like to be in your shoes, wanting to know what happens decision wise exactly when it happens. No cell service, but got a voicemail around 4 PM.

Hang in there. They sent that e-mail about narrowing down the waitlist for a reason so believe it.

Very happy for you. Are you matriculating or waiting for other WLs?
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants!   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2013, 14:41