Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 06:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 15:45
amylicious73 wrote:
You're very welcome and good luck MBAClass2013! Who knows, we might even wind up as classmates either at Davis or somewhere else :D


Yup indeed !! Time will reveal which school we head to, for now its all patience :)
Good luck to you too!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 17:02
Accepted and most likely matriculating! Very excited to meet everyone :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 20:53
amylicious73 wrote:
Accepted and most likely matriculating! Very excited to meet everyone :)


Congratulations amylicious73!! I too made it to the program today :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 21:16
@MBACLASS2013: Big congrats to you!! I rec'd my call from Greg Ortiz today at 4:44pm - totally wasn't expecting to get a call so late in the day but I'm not complaining haha :P

Are you thinking about accepting or do you plan to hold out for your Haas waitlist? :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:33
amylicious73 wrote:
@MBACLASS2013: Big congrats to you!! I rec'd my call from Greg Ortiz today at 4:44pm - totally wasn't expecting to get a call so late in the day but I'm not complaining haha :P

Are you thinking about accepting or do you plan to hold out for your Haas waitlist? :)


Thank you !! It was unexpected call for me too ...I will probably wait for the final decision from Haas too :)
Have you been interviewed?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 20:47
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
amylicious73 wrote:
@MBACLASS2013: Big congrats to you!! I rec'd my call from Greg Ortiz today at 4:44pm - totally wasn't expecting to get a call so late in the day but I'm not complaining haha :P

Are you thinking about accepting or do you plan to hold out for your Haas waitlist? :)


Thank you !! It was unexpected call for me too ...I will probably wait for the final decision from Haas too :)
Have you been interviewed?


Not yet! So I'm starting to lose hope there...but if anything, I would be very happy to be at Davis! I actually have a choice between Santa Clara and Davis right now (just got home from the Santa Clara orientation for Spring '13) - but I believe it is Davis for me if Haas is a no go :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2013, 12:05
amylicious73 wrote:
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
amylicious73 wrote:
@MBACLASS2013: Big congrats to you!! I rec'd my call from Greg Ortiz today at 4:44pm - totally wasn't expecting to get a call so late in the day but I'm not complaining haha :P

Are you thinking about accepting or do you plan to hold out for your Haas waitlist? :)


Thank you !! It was unexpected call for me too ...I will probably wait for the final decision from Haas too :)
Have you been interviewed?


Not yet! So I'm starting to lose hope there...but if anything, I would be very happy to be at Davis! I actually have a choice between Santa Clara and Davis right now (just got home from the Santa Clara orientation for Spring '13) - but I believe it is Davis for me if Haas is a no go :)



Hang in there... you still have plenty of time to get an interview invite. On the other hand Davis is a great program and I will be more than happy to join it depending on how things turn up in future. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 21:45
Just received my admit packet today (woohoo!), loved the personal congratulatory hand-written note from admissions, very nice touch!

Is anyone attending the R2 Admit Day? If anyone went to the R1 Admit Day, can you please share your experience? :)

Also, very excited about the Bay Area LinkedIn Group (coming soon) - can't wait to meet all of you! :P
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 10:38
Hi everyone,
first of all congratulations on everyone's acceptance.
I would like your input on my case, I am in the process of preparing my application and I think I will only be able to submit in May for R4 or the last round. Do you think it's still worth a try? or should I just wait and submit in R1 later in the year? I would really love to start the program this year though.

Anything helps.

thank you!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 11:15
lalanpuffz wrote:
Hi everyone,
first of all congratulations on everyone's acceptance.
I would like your input on my case, I am in the process of preparing my application and I think I will only be able to submit in May for R4 or the last round. Do you think it's still worth a try? or should I just wait and submit in R1 later in the year? I would really love to start the program this year though.

Anything helps.

thank you!!


Hi lalanpuffz,

R4 for any program is a long shot, but in my opinion, you might still have a chance if you are applying for either one of the UC Davis Part Time programs. As their full time MBA is much more selective, my suggestion is for you to wait and apply early this fall (either R1 or R2) if you wanted to pursue a full time MBA. However, I know someone who was accepted to the Bay Area MBA a few years ago as a R3 applicant, so it's still doable.


Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.69
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 13:11
Hi! Is the invitation for video interview sent for all the applicants ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 13:46
sneha800 wrote:
Hi! Is the invitation for video interview sent for all the applicants ?


No, the interview is invitation only.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.69
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 12:13
@amylicious73 : Thank you for the prompt reply.Will everyone have a follow up phone interview after this video interview ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 12:47
sneha800 wrote:
@amylicious73 : Thank you for the prompt reply.Will everyone have a follow up phone interview after this video interview ?


You're very welcome! And no - only if you made it to the next stage of the interview, will you be invited for a follow-up phone conversation.

Have you already rec'd your video interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.69
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 12:50
amylicious73 wrote:
sneha800 wrote:
@amylicious73 : Thank you for the prompt reply.Will everyone have a follow up phone interview after this video interview ?


You're very welcome! And no - only if you made it to the next stage of the interview, will you be invited for a follow-up phone conversation.

Have you already rec'd your video interview invitation?


:D I have submitted the video interview day before yesterday for the davis full time MBA program for R3.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 13:12
sneha800 wrote:
amylicious73 wrote:
sneha800 wrote:
@amylicious73 : Thank you for the prompt reply.Will everyone have a follow up phone interview after this video interview ?


You're very welcome! And no - only if you made it to the next stage of the interview, will you be invited for a follow-up phone conversation.

Have you already rec'd your video interview invitation?


:D I have submitted the video interview day before yesterday for the davis full time MBA program for R3.


Good for you! I'm sure you'll hear back soon for the phone interview invite :) It took exactly two weeks from the day I submitted my video interview to hear back.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.69
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 12:50
Received an email from UC Davis with the admit offer. Can some one throw some light on when we can expect some info on scholorships/fellowships opportunities?Do we receive it in the admissions packet if we are to receive any ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Operations (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 21:42
sneha800 wrote:
Received an email from UC Davis with the admit offer. Can some one throw some light on when we can expect some info on scholorships/fellowships opportunities?Do we receive it in the admissions packet if we are to receive any ?


You should be receiving a official email in the next few days with a official acceptance letter attachment. In the letter will be a mention whether you are receiving a scholarship/fellowship. Congrats on the admission!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 07:28
Welcome to the forum davhong! Are you looking to accept your Davis admission? :) If so, we look forward to seeing you at MBAdmit Day/orientation!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Schools: UC Davis '15 (A)
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 17:18
Accepted into the Bay Area MBA program

For all those curious, I was accepted with just the video interview, did not have to do the phone interview.

Good Luck!
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2013, 17:18
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic UC Davis MBA Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 10 24 Sep 2013, 00:40
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 50 23 Oct 2012, 11:26
UC Davis 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 12 29 Jul 2011, 08:24
Calling all Univ Of Calif Davis Fall 2010 Applicants Gmatter111 4 16 Mar 2010, 12:31
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 51 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.