Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 04 Jul 2015, 20:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 08:40
1
This post received
KUDOS
5527m wrote:
Accepted into the Bay Area MBA program

For all those curious, I was accepted with just the video interview, did not have to do the phone interview.

Good Luck!


Congrats 5527m! R2 MBAdmit Day is coming up this next Friday, I'm super excited!

P.S. Make sure to join the LinkedIn group if you haven't already, look forward to meeting you :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Posts: 20
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.35
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 16:30
Hey all,

Have been admitted to the full time mba program with scholarship. Any idea what's the average scholarship given out at davis? Confused whether I should join davis or vanderbilt or wait for an interview invite from haas :( help!!

How good is the program? Am targeting consulting in healthcare and wanna eventually settle in California...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 18:08
Saumyagarg1985 wrote:
Hey all,

Have been admitted to the full time mba program with scholarship. Any idea what's the average scholarship given out at davis? Confused whether I should join davis or vanderbilt or wait for an interview invite from haas :( help!!

How good is the program? Am targeting consulting in healthcare and wanna eventually settle in California...


Congrats on the admit and scholarship! From what I hear, the % of people who get scholarships from Davis isn't extremely high.

Of course, Haas would the top choice among the three but Davis is definitely highly-respected as well. I'm not sure how high Vanderbilt ranks, but Davis came in at #40 nationwide for the lastest US News ranking, so that's something to be proud of!

P.S. If you want to settle down in CA, I suggest you pick one of the CA schools so that your network can grow and focus near the area where you eventually want to end up.

Good luck with your decision :)

Last edited by amylicious73 on 11 Apr 2013, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Posts: 20
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.35
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 18:11
amylicious73 wrote:
Saumyagarg1985 wrote:
Hey all,

Have been admitted to the full time mba program with scholarship. Any idea what's the average scholarship given out at davis? Confused whether I should join davis or vanderbilt or wait for an interview invite from haas :( help!!

How good is the program? Am targeting consulting in healthcare and wanna eventually settle in California...


Congrats on the admit and scholarship! From what I hear, the % of people who get scholarships from Davis isn't extremely high.

Of course, Haas would the top choice among the three but Davis is definitely highly-respected as well. I'm not sure how high Vanderbilt ranks, but Davis came in at #40 nationwide for the lastest US News ranking, so that's something to be proud of!

Good luck with your decision :)


Thanks Amy... Vanderbilt ranks 30... But am not sure how helpful vanderbilt will be in getting me a job in California...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 18:13
Saumyagarg1985 wrote:
amylicious73 wrote:
Saumyagarg1985 wrote:
Hey all,

Have been admitted to the full time mba program with scholarship. Any idea what's the average scholarship given out at davis? Confused whether I should join davis or vanderbilt or wait for an interview invite from haas :( help!!

How good is the program? Am targeting consulting in healthcare and wanna eventually settle in California...


Congrats on the admit and scholarship! From what I hear, the % of people who get scholarships from Davis isn't extremely high.

Of course, Haas would the top choice among the three but Davis is definitely highly-respected as well. I'm not sure how high Vanderbilt ranks, but Davis came in at #40 nationwide for the lastest US News ranking, so that's something to be proud of!

Good luck with your decision :)


Thanks Amy... Vanderbilt ranks 30... But am not sure how helpful vanderbilt will be in getting me a job in California...


Exactly, which is why I edited my above post to show why I think a CA school is the smarter choice ;)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2013, 23:40
Got admitted in to UC davis MBA program. I heard that this is one of the best colleges for learning professional MBA course and also for the job opportunities available in this region.

Congrats for all others who got admit in it.

for all the people who got admitted why dont we create a communit in facebook or open a google group. It is the easiest way for us to be in contact with eachother till the class begin.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 07:04
jaswanthvarma123 wrote:
Got admitted in to UC davis MBA program. I heard that this is one of the best colleges for learning professional MBA course and also for the job opportunities available in this region.

Congrats for all others who got admit in it.

for all the people who got admitted why dont we create a communit in facebook or open a google group. It is the easiest way for us to be in contact with eachother till the class begin.


I think starting a Facebook group is a great idea. I know that in the past, each program had its own private Facebook group. I'm not Facebook friends with too many classmates yet, but I'm totally down to getting a group started :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 00:15
Hi Guys I got admitted in to Daytime MBA Programme . How many of you guys confirmed your admission at UC,Davis ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Posts: 16
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 23:45
Hi jasvanth

Which deadline did you apply to and were you interviewed after the video interview ?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Posts: 20
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.35
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 07:51
jaswanthvarma123 wrote:
Hi Guys I got admitted in to Daytime MBA Programme . How many of you guys confirmed your admission at UC,Davis ?


Will be sending out the confirmation tomorrow... Wat about u?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Posts: 16
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 11:40
Got in.

Profile
GMAT -680
AWA-5
IELTS-8
UG- Engineering
WEx- 25 months
Family business- Manufacturing
BSchool Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: 1460 Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2015, 09:08
anyone applying for Fall 2015?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 58
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V35
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 35

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2015, 05:23
kpsg wrote:
anyone applying for Fall 2015?


I have applied to R2. Have you ?
You must continue posting in the Davis Class of 2017 thread.

calling-all-uc-davis-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-175216.html#p1477937
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2015, 05:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 53 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all UC Davis Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 Narenn 36 28 Jul 2014, 04:03
Experts publish their posts in the topic UC Davis MBA Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 10 24 Sep 2013, 00:40
Did anyone apply to UC Davis Bay Area program? 5527m 0 26 Mar 2013, 13:41
UC Davis Bay Area part time MBA 2012-calling all applicants spisi2 4 31 May 2012, 15:57
UC Davis 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 12 29 Jul 2011, 08:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.