Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 04:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 08:40
This post received
KUDOS
5527m wrote:
Accepted into the Bay Area MBA program

For all those curious, I was accepted with just the video interview, did not have to do the phone interview.

Good Luck!

Congrats 5527m! R2 MBAdmit Day is coming up this next Friday, I'm super excited!

P.S. Make sure to join the LinkedIn group if you haven't already, look forward to meeting you :)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q V0
GPA: 3.35
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 16:30
Hey all,

Have been admitted to the full time mba program with scholarship. Any idea what's the average scholarship given out at davis? Confused whether I should join davis or vanderbilt or wait for an interview invite from haas :( help!!

How good is the program? Am targeting consulting in healthcare and wanna eventually settle in California...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 18:08
Saumyagarg1985 wrote:
Hey all,

Have been admitted to the full time mba program with scholarship. Any idea what's the average scholarship given out at davis? Confused whether I should join davis or vanderbilt or wait for an interview invite from haas :( help!!

How good is the program? Am targeting consulting in healthcare and wanna eventually settle in California...

Congrats on the admit and scholarship! From what I hear, the % of people who get scholarships from Davis isn't extremely high.

Of course, Haas would the top choice among the three but Davis is definitely highly-respected as well. I'm not sure how high Vanderbilt ranks, but Davis came in at #40 nationwide for the lastest US News ranking, so that's something to be proud of!

P.S. If you want to settle down in CA, I suggest you pick one of the CA schools so that your network can grow and focus near the area where you eventually want to end up.

Good luck with your decision :)

Last edited by amylicious73 on 11 Apr 2013, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 18:11
amylicious73 wrote:
Saumyagarg1985 wrote:
Hey all,

Congrats on the admit and scholarship! From what I hear, the % of people who get scholarships from Davis isn't extremely high.

Of course, Haas would the top choice among the three but Davis is definitely highly-respected as well. I'm not sure how high Vanderbilt ranks, but Davis came in at #40 nationwide for the lastest US News ranking, so that's something to be proud of!

Thanks Amy... Vanderbilt ranks 30... But am not sure how helpful vanderbilt will be in getting me a job in California...
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 18:13
Saumyagarg1985 wrote:
amylicious73 wrote:
Saumyagarg1985 wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks Amy... Vanderbilt ranks 30... But am not sure how helpful vanderbilt will be in getting me a job in California...

Exactly, which is why I edited my above post to show why I think a CA school is the smarter choice ;)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2013, 23:40
Got admitted in to UC davis MBA program. I heard that this is one of the best colleges for learning professional MBA course and also for the job opportunities available in this region.

Congrats for all others who got admit in it.

for all the people who got admitted why dont we create a communit in facebook or open a google group. It is the easiest way for us to be in contact with eachother till the class begin.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 07:04
jaswanthvarma123 wrote:
Got admitted in to UC davis MBA program. I heard that this is one of the best colleges for learning professional MBA course and also for the job opportunities available in this region.

Congrats for all others who got admit in it.

for all the people who got admitted why dont we create a communit in facebook or open a google group. It is the easiest way for us to be in contact with eachother till the class begin.

I think starting a Facebook group is a great idea. I know that in the past, each program had its own private Facebook group. I'm not Facebook friends with too many classmates yet, but I'm totally down to getting a group started :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 00:15
Hi Guys I got admitted in to Daytime MBA Programme . How many of you guys confirmed your admission at UC,Davis ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 23:45
Hi jasvanth

Which deadline did you apply to and were you interviewed after the video interview ?
Current Student

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 07:51
jaswanthvarma123 wrote:
Hi Guys I got admitted in to Daytime MBA Programme . How many of you guys confirmed your admission at UC,Davis ?

Will be sending out the confirmation tomorrow... Wat about u?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 11:40
Got in.

GMAT -680
AWA-5
IELTS-8
UG- Engineering
WEx- 25 months
Family business- Manufacturing
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2013, 11:40