Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 619

Kudos [?]: 2482 [0], given: 745

Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 11:26
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Davis (University of California)Full-time MBA Fall 2013

Fall 2013 Real time Applicant Data

GMATClub Vs Latest Intake

GMATClub Real Time Applicant Stats

GMATClub Real time Applicant Tracker

Detailed Applicant Chart

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 00:08
Has anyone been admitted to UC Davis this year??
Would like to hear more views from people interested to get into Davis.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.94
WE: Operations (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 15:47
I had my interview on December 5th and was told they were aiming to have R1 decisions before Christmas. Got a missed call from the adcom today but no email or explanation. Waiting for a call back. Seems like others will probably hear shortly.
Intern
Intern

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 18:31
Hi rena2013

Can you please provide your details also??
I will be submitting my application in Round 2. So i was curious to know the Round 1 applicants details. :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 09:10
manky06 wrote:
Hi rena2013

Can you please provide your details also??
I will be submitting my application in Round 2. So i was curious to know the Round 1 applicants details. :)

Sure, what would you like to know?
Intern
Intern

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 23:45
Hi

Sorry for replying so late. Congratulations on getting the call from UC Davis. :)
Have you accepted the offer or are you waiting for other schools as I see you have shortlisted other schools too.
Can you please share some details like the amount of work ex , type of industry , GMAT score.
Intern
Intern

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 13:50
manky06 wrote:
Hi

Sorry for replying so late. Congratulations on getting the call from UC Davis. :)
Have you accepted the offer or are you waiting for other schools as I see you have shortlisted other schools too.
Can you please share some details like the amount of work ex , type of industry , GMAT score.

Davis was one of the earliest responses so I'm still waiting to hear from some other programs. Still waiting for scholarship/fellowship details, so that will be something to take into account.

Work experience: 3 years (1.5 in a management role) in the broadcast advertising industry, 1 year in video production before that, so I have a pretty unusual background. GMAT 700, GPA 3.94.

If I had any advice for potential applicants, it would be to showcase any strong quantitative experience as they asked me a lot about that in the interview (I don't have a ton, so it's clearly not a deal breaker, but they do look for it). Also, research the companies you want to work for and be able to articulate what skills or experience they want to see in a candidate. Informational interviews might be helpful if you have time.

Hope this is helpful!
Intern
Intern

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 07:48
Hi
I have been admitted to UC davis...Anyone planning to join?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 08:28
ashishmba2013 wrote:
Hi
I have been admitted to UC davis...Anyone planning to join?

Congrats ashishmba2013!

I applied for the part time Bay Area MBA for round 2, and will consider attending if I am accepted (I just completed my video interview this past weekend).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 17:18
I received an invitation to submit the Video Interview last week. Does anyone know what the next steps are for the application process? Do they conduct an in-person interview if they like your video interview?

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 17:26
This post received
KUDOS
wanderingf0x wrote:
I received an invitation to submit the Video Interview last week. Does anyone know what the next steps are for the application process? Do they conduct an in-person interview if they like your video interview?

Thanks!

It is to my understanding that the video interview is in lieu of the in-person interview. I emailed Greg Ortiz to confirm but never received a reply...so I guess all we can do now is wait and keep our fingers crossed :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 19:39
amylicious73 wrote:
wanderingf0x wrote:

Thanks!

It is to my understanding that the video interview is in lieu of the in-person interview. I emailed Greg Ortiz to confirm but never received a reply...so I guess all we can do now is wait and keep our fingers crossed :-D

Thanks for responding! Best of luck!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 06:02
wanderingf0x wrote:

Thanks!

You will have a follow up conversation after the admission committee reviews the video interview.
Intern
Intern
Schools: UC Davis '15 (A)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 21:32
I got admitted too :)
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 08:10
anujatri wrote:

Congrats Anujatri!

Do you mind sharing your profile?
Intern
Intern
Schools: UC Davis '15 (A)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 08:24
amylicious73 wrote:
anujatri wrote:

Congrats Anujatri!

Do you mind sharing your profile?

GMAT- 690
4 years w-ex in Technical field (1.5 years in singapore and a little in Paris)
Running a startup company too.

Anything specific you are looking for ? PM me :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 17:57
Guys can anyone give me an idea of what exactly is the phone conversation step about?
I mean after submitting application, and a video interview, is there anything specific one needs to prepare for?
Any suggestions will be helpful. I am applying for PT MBA
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 18:07
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
Guys can anyone give me an idea of what exactly is the phone conversation step about?
I mean after submitting application, and a video interview, is there anything specific one needs to prepare for?

I just had my phone conversation today – it was a brief 20 minute conversation with someone from the admissions committee.

She asked me to walk her through my resume, talk about my specific goals, and she answered my questions.

Just relax and be yourself! :)

She also touched upon a lot of details that I mentioned in my video interview, so I'd suggest perhaps rewatching your own video interview before the phone conversaion.

P.S. I’m applying for the Bay Area MBA, you?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 11:23
amylicious73 wrote:
MBACLASS2013 wrote:

I just had my phone conversation today – it was a brief 20 minute conversation with someone from the admissions committee.

She asked me to walk her through my resume, talk about my specific goals, and she answered my questions.

Just relax and be yourself! :)

She also touched upon a lot of details that I mentioned in my video interview, so I'd suggest perhaps rewatching your own video interview before the phone conversaion.

P.S. I’m applying for the Bay Area MBA, you?

Thank you amylicious73 for your response. Those tips will definitely be helpful. I am also applying for the Bay area MBA :)
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 12:26
You're very welcome and good luck MBAClass2013! Who knows, we might even wind up as classmates either at Davis or somewhere else :D
Re: Davis (University of California)2013-Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2013, 12:26