I am a practicing dentist and implantologist in Pennsylvania. Im 35 years old and just sold my practice to switch careers. Ive been interested in consulting as my entry point into a career transformation. I did apply to the big 3 firms and got instant rejection letters. I am therefore considering an MBA. Questions:-
1. Am I too old for this career change
2. Is and MBA going to help me make this switch
3. What is the career progression after the world of consulting
4. I am considering a Veritas
test prep to get re aquainted with test taking strategies. Would you recommend any other company?
5. Our plan is to take this MBA and start a career in Asia. What B schools will help in this career change in Asia.
6. After an investment of 200K+ on an MBA(inclusing loss of salary), and being a family man, are reimbursements from firms healthy enough to sustain a family of four(2kids, wife and I) and pay student loans back whether it is industry or Consulting.
7. Do firms hiring out of B schools consider candidates as expats or local hires ie. provide perks vs a large salary-if so what are those figures?Dont want to leave a very predictable life for a fantasy!
8. What other options are there other than consulting, considering my background is strictly clinical and moderately entrepreneural?
Look fwd to all your responses