Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

De-lurking: Disappointed, but getting over it...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

De-lurking: Disappointed, but getting over it... [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2004, 11:57
Hi guys,

I happened to find this forum three days before the G-day (yesterday). I am pretty disappointed on my results since I had nice results on the powerpreps and the 800score's tests (I was told earlier not to be discouraged by my Kaplan results). All ranged between 680-700.

HOWEVER....... my real score was a sad 650 :( I felt so bad about the score that I didn't even care to register my V/Q scores (I only noticed my V was much lower than the Q, for English is not my first language).

After preparing for two months and a half, I got really down yesterday but I think I'm pretty much over it now. I plan to take a break until next Monday and then restart the prep work...

My experience was really weird. Got really nervous in the 4th question (it was a PS q' on factors, not that easy but if I would have been calmer, I would have solved it!!) and lost time on it. Also lost time on the third q (PS probabilities, easy but I started in a very disorderly fashion and got lost in the middle). At the end I was running to finish and had to guess in a couple questions. Nevertheless, mi Q score wasn't that bad I suppose!

Verbal was the weirdest. I felt all along I was doing fine, but in the end, when reading the effective scores, I had done it all wrong!!!

Learned lessons: I really, definitely, have to focus A LOT more in CR. I'm going to practice with LSAT material to get them right. I also need some difficult SC q's to work out on (please, guys, I need suggestions on this last one... thanks!).

On a break for almost a week,
PBabyfly.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 674 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2004, 21:45
No worries. take a week off and join us, if you would like and i am sure you will find encouragement and support here.

For CR and RC, LSAT is a good option. but dont solve the logic based CR's on the LSAT.

For SC, did you check out the 885 SC question bank we have in the verbal lessons forum?

Take care buddy
Praetorian
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2004, 23:55
where can i get good LSAT materials?

please some body give me some link or some good book name for it?

Thanks & Regards,

Syamee_u
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2004, 09:07
syamee_u wrote:
where can i get good LSAT materials?

please some body give me some link or some good book name for it?

Thanks & Regards,

Syamee_u

Hi Syamee_u,

I saw several LSAT questions at this web site

http://64168.com/bbs/index.php?showforum=21

Hope this will help

gmat2004

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2004, 11:16
Praetorian wrote:
No worries. take a week off and join us, if you would like and i am sure you will find encouragement and support here.

For CR and RC, LSAT is a good option. but dont solve the logic based CR's on the LSAT.

For SC, did you check out the 885 SC question bank we have in the verbal lessons forum?

Take care buddy
Praetorian

Praet,
Can you tell me how to identfy the logic based questions. I think I have been wasting some time on those questions.

There are 4 sections in a LSAT paper.

Logical reasoning 2 sections
RC 1 section
Logic games 1 section

I have been doing the logical reasoning questions and RC only. I wanted to know if doing all types of questions from the logical reasoning section of the LSAT paper makes sense.

- ash

ash

Last edited by ashkg on 28 Jul 2004, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2004, 14:39
Avoid the analytical reasoning or "games" section. One should be careful with the LSAT logical reasoning sections since they are not identical to the critical reasoning section of the GMAT. However, they have the obvious advantage that they have been pre-tested. In addition, remember that the reference populations for the GMAT and LSAT differ considerably.

Hjort
Intern
Intern

Thanks! [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2004, 08:24
Thanks all for the resources! I am going to check them out when I return to hard crunching.

Next time, no nerves!! :)

PBabyfly
Thanks!   [#permalink] 30 Jul 2004, 08:24