Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Debating EMBA MIT / Cornell / Columbia or Ross / Case

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Debating EMBA MIT / Cornell / Columbia or Ross / Case [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 07:06
This post received
KUDOS
I am currently debating several EMBA programs. I live in Ohio but travel a lot domestically - and at least once per month to NYC. I am looking at several options and would like a top school - and one where I can make the schedule work. I am intrigued by the new MIT program - any feedback / opinions on this program? Flying monthly to Boston would be fine. Obviously Cornell & Columbia are in NYC - although twice per month. Would they be stronger choices than MIT?

Case Western (Weatherhead) is in my back yard - but don't see much about this program. Would appreciate any input. Tuition is high - and the school has a solid reputation in other fields. Lastly, Ross is also an option - very well ranked and geographically doable.

Deadlines are approaching for applications so trying to narrow the list a bit.
Appreciate any input
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Debating EMBA MIT / Cornell / Columbia or Ross / Case [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 07:30
Jhansen wrote:
Case Western (Weatherhead) is in my back yard - but don't see much about this program. Would appreciate any input. Tuition is high - and the school has a solid reputation in other fields.

I would avoid this one. Getting an MBA shouldn't be out of convience, and if you're going to shell out big bucks for the program, you want an MBA that'll take you places. Cornell/Columbia/MIT/Ross are all fine choices. Have you considered Wharton (options in San Fran and Philly) or Kellogg and Booth? Chicago sounds like an easier trip from Ohio, and you won't be sacraficing the quality of the eduacation and network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Re: Debating EMBA MIT / Cornell / Columbia or Ross / Case   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2013, 07:30