Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 09:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Debrief - 660(Q49,V31) - 27 August [Delhi,India]

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Debrief - 660(Q49,V31) - 27 August [Delhi,India] [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2013, 05:42
Hi Everyone,

Finally got the time to write the debrief.
I have been more of a silent reader in this forum but would like to share my experience hoping it may benefit someone.

Score : 660 (Quant - 49, Verbal - 31) - Planning to retake.

AWA & IR score awaited.

So the day arrived and i though i had everything planned, boy..was i wrong!

I took the 5PM slot thinking I would woke up early in the morning , do some warm-up questions , have a heavy breakfast and then go for a 3 hrs sleep. Well, it didn't turn out the way I planned. Got up in the morning at 4:30am , studied for few hours, intermittently relaxing in between, had a heavy breakfast & went to bed.

That is where all the problem started. I couldn't catch sleep for the next 3 hours, perhaps because of exam anxiety and thus reached the exam centre with a tired body and grumpy mood :( . --> Here I would advice people to rehearse before hand whatever strategy they would want to deploy on D Day.

GMAT -> Started with AWA, which went ok types and then came IR. It was easier than what i was getting on MGMAT mocks, so was able to complete all 12 questions with 50 secs to spare. Thus it lifted my mood and i went into Quant with higher confidence, which worked out pretty well too. This was the first time including mocks when i wrapped up quant with over a minute and a half to spare and that too with a smile on my face at the end :lol:

Now came Verbal, my nemesis! And this is where everything started going downhill. I was not able to comprehend most of the questions and perhaps ended up answering a lot of them wrong, which explains the dismal score of 31 :(

I was getting around 35 in my MGMAT mocks, so I'm sure with little more practice & a better plan this time :roll: , I can nail verbal too in my retake.

My take on different GMAT sections compared with MGMAT CATs (i gave 4 in total) :
    IR & Quant - easier
    Verbal - almost on similar lines , one more advice - make sure you have gone through all CR questions from OG, as i saw few similar pattern questions on exam

So best of luck guys! I will too pretty soon start with my prep again.

Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Debrief - 660(Q49,V31) - 27 August [Delhi,India]   [#permalink] 30 Aug 2013, 05:42