Result: 720 (Q48 V41)
UPDATE: AWA 5.0, IR 4.0
I’ll keep my debrief very short and precise.
• Started my preparation in January.
• Spent around 50 days to build concepts: almost 15 days each for RC, CR, and SC.
• Focused on accuracy and PoE in verbal. Analysis of why an answer choice is incorrect helped build concepts and another benefit was that I started to notice patterns in the answer choices after some time.
• Did not focus much on Quant.
• After going through the concepts, I started to give MGMAT mock exam once every week and spent couple of hours analyzing the incorrect answer choices in each mock and slowly reduced the number of silly errors and tweaked the timing.
• Studied for around 90 minutes everyday and took long breaks. Gave enough time for concepts to sink in.
• Once I started to give mocks, did not study any new concepts except for in those areas where I was making mistakes.
• Did not participate much in the forums because a lot of those questions tend to show up later in mock exams and inflate the score.
• Did not study anything for a week prior to actual GMAT.
• Did not study IR at all (I hope I get at least a 4 or 5).
• Quant on real GMAT was much harder than that in GMATPrep and OG12
• SC on real GMAT was much more meaning based. Almost half of the SC questions I faced had at least 2 grammatically correct answer choices.
• RC and CR were of difficulty level in GMATPrep Question Pack1 and MGMAT hard questions.
Online RC, SC, CR – These audio visual presentations gave me strong foundation in CR and SC.
(did this book once)
• OG VR2 (did all questions except RC)
• GMATPrep Question Pack1 (most helpful resource)
• Did not use any unofficial material. Did not use even Manhattan SC book.
Mock exam results:
17-Mar-2013 - MGMAT1 - 650 (Q43 V36)
31-Mar-2013 - MGMAT2 - 660 (Q44 V36)
06-Apr-2013 - MGMAT3 - 700 (Q45 V40)
17-Apr-2013 - GMATPrep1 - 730 (Q49 V41)
22-Apr-2013 - MGMAT4 - 680 (Q42 V40)
27-Apr-2013 - GMATPrep2 - 750 (Q49 V42)
Congratulations....and thanks for the details..would be greatly helped if you could elaborate more on the strategies regarding SC taken by you..and what are the pros and cons of those strategies, you felt, while giving the actual gmat exam?