Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Debrief: My experience and suggestions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 23:17
HI Chenchal, did u really try to solve the questions in MGMAT SC. Even if you have finished studying the concepts, you must practice the questions, study the explanations for each options. Try to identify which concept is being tested, then brainstorm and try to come out with the answer. Do not be in a hurry to finish the book. this book has so much of information that it is not possible to absorb everything in one or two reading. try doing this. let me know if this helps
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 23:31
Hi Ankur, I did, things seem fine when I am attempting questions by topic like S-V etc.,. I goof up when I do not know the category it falls under, kind of strange but if I can address this then I think I will be able to get through SC.
Intern
Intern

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 23:41
Yeah. you are right. However, it is not necessary that you identify the question. By the time you are prepared for the gmat, you will realize that this process of identifying question type becomes secondary in nature. For the time being, practice those questions again. Try to identify to errors. do not guess. try to come out with explanation. this will boost your confidence.

Last edited by ankurmgr on 23 Apr 2012, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V27
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 104

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 01:30
Hi ankurmgr,

That was a great score and an excellent debrief.

Even I am suffering a little bit, especially, in the verbal section. My individual highest scores, in MGMAT CATs, till date have been Q45 and V35. My highest GMAT score has been 640(MGMAT) :( and my target score is 740. I am a non-native speaker too, residing at chennai. Do you find MGMAT CAT tougher, considering your practice test scores, than GMATPrep and actual GMAT or is it at the same level?

As far as MGMAT SC is concerned, I have not read the idioms list. I just know some of the idioms that I learnt in these forums. Moreover, I have just read MGMAT SC only once and your post has made me rethink my strategy. I will read this book till all the fundamentals become second-natured to me. Having said that, RC has been pulling my score drastically, especially under time constraints. Do you take notes while reading the passage?

Awaiting your reply. Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 03:01
Aim for the stars and maybe you'll reach the sky. : NICE LINE
MGMAT CAT quants is definitely not like what u will see on the GMAT or GMAT PREP. MGMAT Verbal is similar to
the actual thing.
You don't need to remember all the idioms given the MGMAT SC guide.
I did not take notes while reading RC. Taking notes consumes lot of time. Practice RC with few questions in mind. Find the structure of the passage, what is the author's subject, author's mood etc. This may take time but practice, practice, practice...
MGMAT SC is a great book. Please go through it as many time as possible. It covers possibly all the topics that are tested on the GMAT SC.
I ll be happy to help.. :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 07:43
Gr8 Debrief Ankur. Congratualtions for an Awesome Score.My GMAT scheduled for 16th May.Wish me luck
Intern
Intern

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 23:39
Wish u all the best Amit.. :beer
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 11:22
8-) excellent ......ur hard work paid off....wht u did for quant.
Intern
Intern

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 20:24
hi ronit.. I was striking somewhere in between Q46-Q48. I do not appreciate OG-12 if one is aiming > Q49. However, GMATCLUB Tests are great. You can learn many tricks + timing strategy. Hope it helps
:P
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 3

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 21:34
Great score and thanks for the tips!

My GMAT Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/third-time-s-a-charm-142800.html#p1145912
Quant Concept Videos : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/gm ... ideos.html
My GMAT Blog : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/

Re: Debrief: My experience and suggestions   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2012, 21:34