Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Deciding between ND and WF HELP!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Deciding between ND and WF HELP!!!! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 05:53
Hey everyone.

I applied to all my schools 1st round and was wait-listed at ND (dream school) and was accepted to several lower tier schools. I wasn't sure if ND was going to happen so I a threw a 1k deposit down with Wake Forest, who gave approx. 50% scholarship (83k tuition). ND just came back with an admissions offer. Not sure about financial aid yet, there wasn't any info regarding that passed on to me. What are your thoughts on my situation? What would you do? It would be an absolute dream to go to ND, however the financial burden would be difficult to swallow, especially if I am not given any type of financial aid from ND. Would you personally be willing to take out 90k+ in loans to go to ND over WF?

Thanks in advance!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 2.47
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 11

Re: Deciding between ND and WF HELP!!!! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 10:30
Clearly I am going to push ND. It is all about where you want to go and how they can help you in the future. ND has a huge alumni network, don't know much about WF, but I don't really hear about it either. In the end is the money the difference maker or is the juice worth the squeeze?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2325

Kudos [?]: 9447 [0], given: 3701

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Deciding between ND and WF HELP!!!! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 12:38
Expert's post
To be clear, you got $40-50K from Wake Forrest vs. so far nothing from Mendoza.
I think you need to hear back about Finaid from Mendoza before we get into the pros and cons. Go ahead and update the thread when you hear back from the school....

If you don't get anything from Mendoza, I would visit both schools and talk to students. Also talk to the Career services and see how they come off to you. They will be very important!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Optimus Prep Instructor
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Deciding between ND and WF HELP!!!! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2014, 04:46
Expert's post
I would go to your dream school in such a situation. Do whatever is best if you think long-term.

Best regards,

Artem Morgunov I Founder of Optimus Prep I morgunov@optimus-prep.com

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Deciding between ND and WF HELP!!!! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2014, 01:47
This post received
KUDOS
So, no aid from Notre Dame. Getting 25k/year from Wake. Long term obviously ND is the better investment and its where I want to be. It's going to be tough to take out the full cost in loans but that's the way I'm leaning. I want to be a part of that family and that tradition of excellence.
Expert Post
Optimus Prep Instructor
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Deciding between ND and WF HELP!!!! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2014, 03:33
Expert's post
I agree with you, it seems to be the best.

Best regards,

Artem Morgunov I Founder of Optimus Prep I morgunov@optimus-prep.com

Re: Deciding between ND and WF HELP!!!!   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2014, 03:33