Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Decision Time: LBS MiM vs. LSE Management & Strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Which one is the better choice in this specific case?

• 66% [4]
  • 33% [2]
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Decision Time: LBS MiM vs. LSE Management & Strategy [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2014, 02:00
Hello everyone,

I (business undergrad, EU citizen, interest/internship experience in entrepreneurship and consulting) have received offers from both LBS and LSE.
I am leaning strongly towards LBS because of the MiM's very practical approach, the MBA tradition of the school and the career services. However, I am a little concerned with regard to the curriculum as it appears to be quite repetitive after having done business on the undergaduate level.
On the other hand, about 75% of the class have done business, economics, accounting or finance in college which should suggest that you do not just repeat business fundamentals but rather use them in case studies together with your peers.
While I am sure that the LSE program is very rigorous, I do not intend to pursue an academic career and am not sure whether its (only) six classes will really help me with regard to my professional interests (see above).
How do you weigh in?
Moreover, how do you consider the LBS MiM in terms of prestige? It is a quite young program and most of its reputation probably carries over from the school's MBA and MiF. On the other hand, all relevant IBs and consulting firms hire from the program and the average gmat score of the program is just below 700.

Thank you very much in advance!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Decision Time: LBS MiM vs. LSE Management & Strategy [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 07:30
etc100etc wrote:
Hello everyone,

I (business undergrad, EU citizen, interest/internship experience in entrepreneurship and consulting) have received offers from both LBS and LSE.
I am leaning strongly towards LBS because of the MiM's very practical approach, the MBA tradition of the school and the career services. However, I am a little concerned with regard to the curriculum as it appears to be quite repetitive after having done business on the undergaduate level.
On the other hand, about 75% of the class have done business, economics, accounting or finance in college which should suggest that you do not just repeat business fundamentals but rather use them in case studies together with your peers.
While I am sure that the LSE program is very rigorous, I do not intend to pursue an academic career and am not sure whether its (only) six classes will really help me with regard to my professional interests (see above).
How do you weigh in?
Moreover, how do you consider the LBS MiM in terms of prestige? It is a quite young program and most of its reputation probably carries over from the school's MBA and MiF. On the other hand, all relevant IBs and consulting firms hire from the program and the average gmat score of the program is just below 700.

any advice would really help me out! :-)
Intern
Intern

Re: Decision Time: LBS MiM vs. LSE Management & Strategy [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2014, 04:48
etc100etc wrote:
etc100etc wrote:
Hello everyone,

How do you weigh in?

any advice would really help me out! :-)

I am also an offer holder for lse msc management and strategy with imperial college msc management. I studied engineering undergraduate level. So I think I would choose Imperial College msc management because I do not know anything about management. But because you are a management graduate studying a deep and narrow approach of management with strategy would be wise.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GPA: 3.76
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Decision Time: LBS MiM vs. LSE Management & Strategy [#permalink] New post 11 May 2014, 13:43
I will recommend LBS with no hesitation should the counterpart considerations are LSE and IC in terms of management/business programme.

cheers,
Re: Decision Time: LBS MiM vs. LSE Management & Strategy   [#permalink] 11 May 2014, 13:43