Please have a quick look at my profile. After my profile description I've posted pretty specific questions. Please have a look at them and help me in deciding my target school list
GMAT Score - 720 [Q48 V38] [AWA and IR score awaited]
Undergraduate GPA - 8.8/10.00
Undergraduate Course - B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Silchar, India
Work Experience - 7 yrs cumulative broken down between two employers given below:-
Previous Employers(2 years):-
• One of the selected few individuals to be recruited to join the Indian Defense Research and Development Program as a Scientist (82 scientist selected from the country) . The appointment was given by The President of India (Dr Abdul Kalam Azad). Responsibilities included strategic procurement of defense equipments as well as proof and trials of weapon systems and missiles(eg Multibarrel launchers, Missiles, Artillery weapons ,Battle tanks) .
• Underwent a rigorous field attachment with the Indian Army posted at the International Border(India) and Line of Control(LOC) India which has helped to develop Character,Comradeship,Discipline, Leadership,Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure and Ideals of Selfless Service within me.
• Special company sponsored certificate course in "SYSTEM ENGINEERING" from IIT Mumbai.
• Special company sponsored capsule course in "Management and Strategy" from Pune university.
• Selected for a special course on "Defense R&D Management For Young Scientists" at Institute of Technology Management Mussoorie under Ministry of Defense,Govt of India.
Present Employers(5 years):-
• Currently working in a Techno-Functional role as Senior Manager in "Mjunction" (Tata Groups) considered to be the largest online marketplace
for Steel and Coal and leading a team size of 8 members
• Responsible for the implementation of e procurement technology best practices at various organizations(PSU's) like SAIL, BHEL, HCL, Tata Power, Central Coalfields leading to reductions in cost and lead time.
• My business idea won the regional round and was selected to represent the top 20 ideas from around the globe which include Europe, NA, SE Asia and South Africa in "TATA INNOVISTA" which is one of the initiatives started by the Tata level apex forum 'Tata Group Innovation Forum (TGIF)' for encouraging breakthrough innovations.
• Also featured amongst the top 30 business ideas at the The Tata Business Leadership Award 2009(TBLA),an annual business school and corporate event organised by the Tata group. It offers a unique opportunity to compete with the brightest and display ones’ business acumen.
• Trainings/Certifications on Customer Focus and Process Improvement by TMTC (Tata Management Training Centre)-Havard University
• An individual with strong bent and liking towards quantitative methods from school/college days (Winner of the State Maths Olympiad named "MATHELETICS").
• An individual with a "B Level" certification in National Cadet Corps(NCC) which is a Tri-Services Organization comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force and is engaged in grooming the youth – ‘The Leaders of Tomorrow’ – into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The genesis of the NCC can be traced back to the First World War when the Britishers created the University Corps as the second line of defense and to have a large pool of trained youth available for employment into the Armed Forces.
• Voluntarily working as a trainer for e-junction ,an initiative started by my current employers ,imparting basic computer education to underprivileged and specially-abled students. Was one of the core members of the team that worked for the formation of this initiative.E junction was adjudged National Winner in the Corporate 'Employee Volunteering Programme of the Year' category at the prestigious 'Apeejay India Volunteer Awards 2011' (AIVA) held in New Delhi on 25th September, 2011.Ejunction also won the award for the Best use of CSR Practices in IT industry on the 18th of February, 2013, at the World CSR Congress ceremony held in Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
• A landscape artist certified by Ravindra Bharati University.
• Co-founded an entrepreneurial venture called ‘EXTRACTS’ which focused on new and innovative techqniques for imparting education in junior schools. The venture focused on the use of personality analysis techhniques, brain mapping tests and animated contents to teach junior children. The venture had an initial work strength of 6 individuals. However it had to close down because of funding problems
Career Goal -
Short Term: Work in the supply chain consultancy sector for a few years in a firm that is the leader in this area for eg. McKinsey, BCG, A.T. Kearney
Long Term: See myself as the head /CEO of such a firm
My specific questions are -
1. Please evaluate my profile. How Strong or Weak it is? Areas of Improvements?
2.Evaluate my chances against these schools
I am planning to apply in R2 so i have very little time in my hands.
Thank you in advance. Anticipating a positive and encouraging reply