Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 18:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

(Defined) goals not too important for the HBS application?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
(Defined) goals not too important for the HBS application? [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2012, 11:15
NOTE: I am a 2+2 applicant

Under the employment section of the HBS application there is an area for Post-MBA in which they ask, "How does pursuing an MBA support your choices above?"

This seems to be the only point that they actually ask about your goals/why MBA...does this mean that this is not as important to them in the written application? (maybe they will want me to articulate it a lot in the interview?)

Thanks in advance!
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: (Defined) goals not too important for the HBS application? [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2012, 11:33
tomcal36dc,
HBS knows that younger applicants may legitimately not know what they want to do yet, but they can certainly know that an HBS MBA can help them whichever direction they ultimately take. That said, you should be ready to address your goals in the interview and as much as you can here in the employment section of the application. Make your best honest and due-diligenced stab at it, but don't worry about it too much.

--Paul Bodine, http://www.paulsbodine.com, Great Applications for Business School

tomcal36dc wrote:
NOTE: I am a 2+2 applicant

Under the employment section of the HBS application there is an area for Post-MBA in which they ask, "How does pursuing an MBA support your choices above?"

This seems to be the only point that they actually ask about your goals/why MBA...does this mean that this is not as important to them in the written application? (maybe they will want me to articulate it a lot in the interview?)

Thanks in advance!

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: (Defined) goals not too important for the HBS application? [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2012, 12:19
Thanks for the reply!!

There are actually only 500 characters, so I cannot add a lot.

I am actually interested in two things, marketing if it is related to a legitimate sports entity, like a nhl/nfl/nba sports team, or the league itself.

I am also interested in starting my own business (probably related to fitness, but I am not sure yet). I wouldn't mind owning franchise restaurants too. I also pursued real estate vaguely (putting ~10 offers on houses) but that faded out.

Should I focus on one, and which would be better? Do you have any tips on how to work both/either of these in such a short space?
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: (Defined) goals not too important for the HBS application? [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2012, 12:38
I'd be glad to work with you on it if you sign up for time on my website: www.paulsbodine.com/pricing

tomcal36dc wrote:
Thanks for the reply!!

There are actually only 500 characters, so I cannot add a lot.

I am actually interested in two things, marketing if it is related to a legitimate sports entity, like a nhl/nfl/nba sports team, or the league itself.

I am also interested in starting my own business (probably related to fitness, but I am not sure yet). I wouldn't mind owning franchise restaurants too. I also pursued real estate vaguely (putting ~10 offers on houses) but that faded out.

Should I focus on one, and which would be better? Do you have any tips on how to work both/either of these in such a short space?

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Re: (Defined) goals not too important for the HBS application?   [#permalink] 19 Jul 2012, 12:38