Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 12:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Dejected - Please help - Low score in practice test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Dejected - Please help - Low score in practice test [#permalink] New post 05 May 2012, 22:11
I have been preparing for GMAT since 1st March, 2012. I have completed the following books

Manhattahn Senctence Correction
OG 12
Kaplan GMAT 800

Currenly doing
OG Verbal Review
OG Quat Review

While doing problems from these books, I normally do a timed exercise of 10-20 questions and do well with almost 100% accuracy in quants and around 80% accuracy in verbal.

However, when I take practice CAT tests, my scores are not as expected.

Powerprep 1 -> 650 (Q49, V28) [Taken the very first day without any preparation]
Powerprep 2 -> 600 (Q49, V23) [With one week of preparation doing Manhattan SC]
Score 800 Test 1 -> 660 (Q45, V37) [Manhattan SC completed]
GMAT Prep 1 -> 700 (Q49, V37) [Mid of OG 12]
MGMAT Free Test-> 680 (Q48, V35) [OG 12 completed]
MGMAT Test 1 -> 710 (Q47, V40) [Kaplan GMAT 800 completed]
MGMAT Test 2 -> 670 (Q48, V33) [Taken today. Verbal score dipped greatly as I messed up with 3 RCs with 10 questions incorrect in a row]

I was hopeful to get a decent score of 700+ today. I aim to get a score around 730-740.
I feel dejected after seeing my low scores with consistent preparation. I have 14 days left for the G-day.
Can some read into my scores and suggest where do I stand on the real GMAT scale ? (Please note I have kept GMAT Prep Test 2 for the final week. So cant use it to determine my level.) How good are MGMAT tests at indicating my preparation level ? Can some expert suggest me some measures that I can take in the short period left to improve my target score ?

I normally lag behind the time while taking a test which puts a lot of pressure on me and puts me dilemma on each question whether to attempt the question or just skip it to catch up with time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Dejected - Please help - Low score in practice test [#permalink] New post 06 May 2012, 09:41
Why don't you just go ahead and take one of the gmat prep tests now to see where you stand . I think you can retake each of these tests twice without getting more than 2-3 repeat questions.
Re: Dejected - Please help - Low score in practice test   [#permalink] 06 May 2012, 09:41