Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 03:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Dejected with progress made... please advise !

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Dejected with progress made... please advise ! [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2008, 05:14
Hi All !

I have been preparing for the GMAT since the last 2 months.
A little about myself...I am 34 years of age...I did my MBA in 1998 so its been long since I have been out of touch with academics.
At the commencement of my studies I took the GMAT Prep test 1 and scored 530 on it.
For my preparation I started with the IMS postal material which incorporates OG 11. Along with it I completed the Kaplan Premier Program. After this I completed the OG verbal as well as quantitative workbooks. I have started with the Kaplan 800 recently...
The problem is that I have taken 4-5 adaptive tests (IMS) but I continue to score 580-600. My quant scores range from 36-40 and verbal 34-38.

I plan to take my GMAT around the 22nd of July and that leaves me with only one month to prepare myself for a 700+ score but with taking the present progress as a precedence it seems difficult !

Please suggest what I could do to increase my scores and how i could utilize my time optimally.

Thanks,
broomy
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Dejected with progress made... please advise ! [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2008, 07:04
If you already have your MBA, why exactly are you taking the GMAT again???? Im kind of confused..... :?

"George is getting upset!"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Dejected with progress made... please advise ! [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2008, 07:59
Whats your demographics?

I have seen and heard many aspirants from India want to do a second MBA after their first...
If thts the case, be sure to have a VERY strong reason for wanting your second MBA along with eveything else...this will be a area of focus for the adcoms..

Also, IMS materials sure doesn't sound very common? I cannot comment on your progress as I haven't used them myself....

Have u tried MGMAT or GMATPrep free tests from MBA.com? Let us know the score progress there and you will surely get a lot more responses on your progress and some really good advice..the combined experience of all the clubbers is phenomenol...it probably goes into millions of hours.. :wink:

All the best
Re: Dejected with progress made... please advise !   [#permalink] 22 Jun 2008, 07:59