Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
So now that admission offers are rolling in, are you under pressure to make a decision for the deposit deadline?
Many schools give only 1 month. If you have applied to schools in multiple rounds, you could be stuck in a pretty difficult position of having to pay a backup school.
I'm in that situation and my deposit is due on Feb 15th (thursday!) I would gladly pay any of the 3 US schools I applied to, but the only one who has interviewed me is Cornell. Other than calling the adcom to ask if they have made a decision for me, there's not much else I can do. (UofToronto is not willing to give me any extension)
NYU was supposed to give out decisions earlier, but they pushed everything back this year. Am I screwed out of $2500?
Why would they be upset? The one thing that schools really don't like is to reserve a spot for a student and then not have that person show up in September. It can screw some of their planning. I guess you could first ask anonymously but they will not rescind your admit if you ask for an extension.
Fluffydot, I paid $1500 for Cornell (why do you have to pay $2500?). If nothing major happens, I'm pretty much down for Cornell.
Definitely research the possibility of an extension.
The $2500 is for UofToronto. I haven't gotten a offer from Cornell yet... fingers crossed.
Here's a quick update:
I wasn't able to get a hold of the director of admissions at Cornell, but I spoke to a really nice lady in the office. She said that she remembers me and has asked the director to look at my file! wow what a nice person!
So I might actually get an early decisioin? I was a little worried that they might think I am being pushy, but I asked in the nicest way possible. Hope it works out...
I explained my situation - got accepted to my backup school and they wanted $2500 by thursday. I asked if there was anything she could do, and apparently there might be hope! believe me when I say I thanked her profusely!
I suppose even if I get a ding, it would be a good thing to get that out of the way instead of waiting til end of March.
Another interesting thing is that the lady say I wasn't the only one who has asked about this... hmm.. any other gmatclubbers call about this?