Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 20:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

depressed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

depressed [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2004, 06:25
Hi! Everyone,

First of all, GMAT club is a great place to learn, interact and know everything about the dreaded GMAT's.
You guys are doing a great job!

I found this site 2 weeks before I gave my GMAT.

By the way, I just gave my GMAT this Saturday Aug21. I got a very low score and I cannot get over it. I am working and I gave myself just a month to prepare. I guess this wasn't enough.
I cannot accept this defeat...I have to prepare well the next time. I will be asking you guys for suggestions frequently.

It was raining cats and dogs and I am a first time driver. But I managed to make it to the test after getting lost once. (Thank God I started early!)
I was too tensed I guess and I ruined my test. I have been getting a pretty good score on my practice tests...but the score that I got on the actual one, took me in great surprise....I am so sad right now...I just feel that I have lost something big....I have never done this bad in any of my other tests. This was my first competitive exam

...anyways..i think I have to study hard the next time....The essays were not that bad...
Also, I guess I need practice on the CR section. I need a good strategy to study it....
..well...lets see what happens...
:cry:
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 665 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2004, 13:56
One bad day..thats all it is. i think its very important for you to move on and try to do an analysis of what went wrong.

If you can share with us how you prepped, what books, software etc you used.. etc .. we might be able to help you better.

Hang in there buddy
Praetorian
Intern
Intern

thanks [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2004, 11:59
Dear Praetorian,
Thanx for the kind words.
I am getting over the fact that I did badly.

Like many of you said, I should study atleast for 2-3 months.
I guess I did not study enough.

I used Princeton, Barrons and ETS. I practiced all the sample papers.
I even gave sample tests which accompany these books.

Now I need a good study plan. BB has started a new forum for a "Study plan". I think its a great idea. I am going to follow all the adivce. I need to succeed this time.

Since I work full time, I am not able to give a lot of time to study for GMAT's. I have to develop a strategy now. ....
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2004, 13:25
Hi Spring, I'm sorry about your disappointing experience. I would recommend you to read the "GMAT" and "Share your experience" sections as you will find a lot of useful study plans and tips. Also, I would not recommend you to rely on Barron's material too much. I used it and totally hated it. I have yet to hear of someone who liked it :? I would suggest you to use PR, Kaplan and OG. Also, if you can, the ETS paper tests on http://www.mba.com would also be good. Last but not least, participate in the forum as it is definitely the best way to learn and improve your skills. Good luck!

Best Regards,

Paul

Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2004, 08:11
Hey spring23, dont get down on yourself. You have to truly believe that you can do it. Do not question your intelligence or your ability to get over the hump. If it was your first time taking the test dont be too hard on yourself. Just keep your chin up. For inspiration go through the countless posts of people who start in the 500s and get to the 700s.....Imagine your self being successful in the test and have a mental picture of you overcoming the test. Think of how you felt during one of your practice tests when you did good. Dont give up........

regards
gmataquaguy
Intern
Intern

Thanks everyone [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2004, 06:31
Thanks guys for your thoughtful and inspiring comments. ..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Bad scores [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2004, 18:33
I am planning on taking the GMAT in December, how many tests should I take.

wiseguy
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2004, 07:54
hey even i had the same experience,dont worry be calm and take it easy
next time u will be familiar with the test centre environment,just keep practicing and one fine day write it as if u wrote some practice test'

ash
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck'08
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2004, 01:05
Keep your head up...I am in the same case : I scored 570
Just take some time to have a quick break and relax yourself, then come back to it. One test is also the best experience to know exactly how is test is done and what kind of questions you can really find....at least now you know :)

good luck :!:
  [#permalink] 21 Sep 2004, 01:05