Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1580
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 585

Kudos [?]: 2086 [0], given: 675

Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 11:06
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2013, 12:45
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile

GMAT: 690(Q49 81% and V35 75%)
Background: E&Ec engineer from India
Work ex: Approx 5 years(Aug '14)
GPA: 3.3
Extracurricular activities: Very Good
Age: 26 years

I'm currently looking at colleges with a maximum tuition fee of $50000(CAD). I understand that Mcgill tuition fee comes around to $75000. Do i have a chance of getting around $25000 scholarship?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 23
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 2

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 21:37
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everyone,
I got a deferred admit from the last year. Any questions you might have, feel free to PM me.
Best of luck to you all in the admissions process,

Best,
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 23
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 2

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 22:23
1
This post received
KUDOS
sranavnir wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile

GMAT: 690(Q49 81% and V35 75%)
Background: E&Ec engineer from India
Work ex: Approx 5 years(Aug '14)
GPA: 3.3
Extracurricular activities: Very Good
Age: 26 years

I'm currently looking at colleges with a maximum tuition fee of $50000(CAD). I understand that Mcgill tuition fee comes around to $75000. Do i have a chance of getting around $25000 scholarship?


You may consider shooting another GMAT exam and escalating your GMAT score to 750+ and focus more on writing the essays. Is your work exp. in an international company?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE: Analyst (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2013, 19:31
sranavnir wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile

GMAT: 690(Q49 81% and V35 75%)
Background: E&Ec engineer from India
Work ex: Approx 5 years(Aug '14)
GPA: 3.3
Extracurricular activities: Very Good
Age: 26 years

I'm currently looking at colleges with a maximum tuition fee of $50000(CAD). I understand that Mcgill tuition fee comes around to $75000. Do i have a chance of getting around $25000 scholarship?


Hi try booking a pre-application meeting, that should give you some ideas. I had taken one, couple of weeks back and it was helpful.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Location: Mexico
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GPA: 3.9
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 19:18
Hello everybody,

I'm also applying to Desautels but I have had terrible luck with my TOEFL score delivery. I've already sent it twice and staff at McGill have told me that they have not received it yet, in spite of my carefully verifying the sending address each time. Has anyone had this problem with McGill? I've sent my score to other business schools and it arrived with no complications at all.

I've checked the school's website and they mention that the ETS Institution code is: 0935, Department code 02. However, when talking to ETS personnel, they told me that the only code they have for McGill is 0935, there's no department code whatsoever.

I'm very worried about this since I have submitted my application since October and staff refuses to review it till they get my TOEFL score. So, how did everyone else send their score? What am I doing wrong? :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 23
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 22:09
MauValmont wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm also applying to Desautels but I have had terrible luck with my TOEFL score delivery. I've already sent it twice and staff at McGill have told me that they have not received it yet, in spite of my carefully verifying the sending address each time. Has anyone had this problem with McGill? I've sent my score to other business schools and it arrived with no complications at all.

I've checked the school's website and they mention that the ETS Institution code is: 0935, Department code 02. However, when talking to ETS personnel, they told me that the only code they have for McGill is 0935, there's no department code whatsoever.

I'm very worried about this since I have submitted my application since October and staff refuses to review it till they get my TOEFL score. So, how did everyone else send their score? What am I doing wrong? :(


Why don't you scan your unofficial copy of TOEFL Score report and send to the school until you solve this issue? Meanwhile, you can deal with solving this issue. I logged in my TOEFL account just now. However, I couldn't review score reports because I passed the expiry date for ordering TOEFL score reports and now I don't remember which code I used while sending my score to McGill. Have you called them? Have you tried sending the score report without any department code?

http://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/dept_code_list.pdf - List says department code is 02 for graduate school of business.

http://www.toeflgoanywhere.org/asu-advanced-search -Here the institution code.

Have you sent your score without departmental code already?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Location: Mexico
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GPA: 3.9
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2014, 11:25
MTRL wrote:
MauValmont wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm also applying to Desautels but I have had terrible luck with my TOEFL score delivery. I've already sent it twice and staff at McGill have told me that they have not received it yet, in spite of my carefully verifying the sending address each time. Has anyone had this problem with McGill? I've sent my score to other business schools and it arrived with no complications at all.

I've checked the school's website and they mention that the ETS Institution code is: 0935, Department code 02. However, when talking to ETS personnel, they told me that the only code they have for McGill is 0935, there's no department code whatsoever.

I'm very worried about this since I have submitted my application since October and staff refuses to review it till they get my TOEFL score. So, how did everyone else send their score? What am I doing wrong? :(


Why don't you scan your unofficial copy of TOEFL Score report and send to the school until you solve this issue? Meanwhile, you can deal with solving this issue. I logged in my TOEFL account just now. However, I couldn't review score reports because I passed the expiry date for ordering TOEFL score reports and now I don't remember which code I used while sending my score to McGill. Have you called them? Have you tried sending the score report without any department code?

Have you sent your score without departmental code already?


Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually I've been talking to the admissions staff and they agreed to receive a screencap of my TOEFL score to move forward with a preliminary review of my file. However, I'm still worried about it. As I said before, I have sent it twice already. Out of all the following options, I sent it to the ones in red:

0935 MCGILL UNIVERSITY Undergraduate MONTREAL QC H3A 3R1
0935 MCGILL UNIVERSITY Graduate Schools MONTREAL QC H3A 2T5
0935 MCGILL UNIVERSITY Graduate Schools of Management MONTREAL QC H3A 1G5

0935 MCGILL UNIVERSITY SCH OF LAW Law Schools MONTREAL QC H3A 1W9
0935 MCGILL UNIVERSITY MONTREAL QC H3A 2T5

Still, no luck.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 122
Location: Canada
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 52 [1] , given: 48

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 12:37
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all McGill Desautels MBA applicants,

I'm a current MBA1 student at McGill, my name is Carl Olivieri and I'd be happy to share information about the program with all of you (though I won't interfere with the admissions team at McGill). Please feel free to check my website: www.CarlOlivieri.com for blogs, interviews, stories, etc. to learn more about the program.

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,


Carl
_________________

Check out my website, a First-Hand view of what it's like to go to Business School! http://www.carlolivieri.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 22:22
Hi guys, any idea how long they take to reply after you've submitted an application? My application page shows the GMAT score as 'pending'. I applied about two weeks ago. However, my scores had already reached Desautels, as Jonathan contacted me when they arrived. I got in touch with someone (Pina) and she notified me that i will be notified when my file is processed. I thought i'd ask you guys about how long they usually take to get in touch. Just want to make sure there's no unnecessary delay due to the GMAT thing.
Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 122
Location: Canada
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 52 [1] , given: 48

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 09:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
yodud wrote:
Hi guys, any idea how long they take to reply after you've submitted an application? My application page shows the GMAT score as 'pending'. I applied about two weeks ago. However, my scores had already reached Desautels, as Jonathan contacted me when they arrived. I got in touch with someone (Pina) and she notified me that i will be notified when my file is processed. I thought i'd ask you guys about how long they usually take to get in touch. Just want to make sure there's no unnecessary delay due to the GMAT thing.
Thanks!

I'd give it about a month, not including the winter holidays.
_________________

Check out my website, a First-Hand view of what it's like to go to Business School! http://www.carlolivieri.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 09:38
CarlMtl wrote:
yodud wrote:
Hi guys, any idea how long they take to reply after you've submitted an application? My application page shows the GMAT score as 'pending'. I applied about two weeks ago. However, my scores had already reached Desautels, as Jonathan contacted me when they arrived. I got in touch with someone (Pina) and she notified me that i will be notified when my file is processed. I thought i'd ask you guys about how long they usually take to get in touch. Just want to make sure there's no unnecessary delay due to the GMAT thing.
Thanks!

I'd give it about a month, not including the winter holidays.


Thanks! Desautels is my first choice atm. Really hope i get a good offer :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2013
Posts: 10
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 22:13
Greetings everyone,

This is my first post in gmatclub, what a wonderful medium for communication. I uploaded all the required documents and they all have a green checkmark, except for GMAT, which shows "Pending". The status of my appliation is "submitted". Do I have to do anything extra after uploading all documents and recommendations for my application to get reviewed?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 22:36
alhawsom wrote:
Greetings everyone,

This is my first post in gmatclub, what a wonderful medium for communication. I uploaded all the required documents and they all have a green checkmark, except for GMAT, which shows "Pending". The status of my appliation is "submitted". Do I have to do anything extra after uploading all documents and recommendations for my application to get reviewed?

Thanks


Hey hows it going. I have the exact same problem even though I know that my GMAT scores had reached McGill before i had even completed my application. I emailed Pina last week and got this reply:

Quote:
We have just returned from holidays; the university was closed for the past couple of weeks.

Your file will be processed shortly; I will be notifying you, once your application is processed.


I recommend you drop her a line about this and just watch for them to start processing your application.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2013
Posts: 10
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 23:15
I already asked the question on the communication box available on the left side of the application page. I'll take your advice and send an email just to make sure.

Thanks Yodud.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 02:25
alhawsom wrote:
I already asked the question on the communication box available on the left side of the application page. I'll take your advice and send an email just to make sure.

Thanks Yodud.



Haha yeah good luck with the communication box. I've sent two messages there in the last two weeks and no reply. I think they're just busy with the backlog caused by the christmas break
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE: Analyst (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 10:06
CarlMtl wrote:
Hey all McGill Desautels MBA applicants,

I'm a current MBA1 student at McGill, my name is Carl Olivieri and I'd be happy to share information about the program with all of you (though I won't interfere with the admissions team at McGill). Please feel free to check my website: http://www.CarlOlivieri.com for blogs, interviews, stories, etc. to learn more about the program.

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,


Carl


Hi Carl,

I am currently working on my application for McGill, I have couple of questions after submitting my application, in the checklist it says upload 1 transcript per institution and it must include all degrees and courses taken at this institution, I had 4 semesters in my Masters and I do not have one transcript which has all the details in it. what should i do in that case? secondly in the work history form it asks to mention 2 most recent positions, does it mean 2 most recent ones apart from my current job, or it includes the current job?

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks in advance
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 122
Location: Canada
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 48

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 08:06
arujmishra wrote:
CarlMtl wrote:
Hey all McGill Desautels MBA applicants,

I'm a current MBA1 student at McGill, my name is Carl Olivieri and I'd be happy to share information about the program with all of you (though I won't interfere with the admissions team at McGill). Please feel free to check my website: http://www.CarlOlivieri.com for blogs, interviews, stories, etc. to learn more about the program.

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,


Carl


Hi Carl,

I am currently working on my application for McGill, I have couple of questions after submitting my application, in the checklist it says upload 1 transcript per institution and it must include all degrees and courses taken at this institution, I had 4 semesters in my Masters and I do not have one transcript which has all the details in it. what should i do in that case? secondly in the work history form it asks to mention 2 most recent positions, does it mean 2 most recent ones apart from my current job, or it includes the current job?

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks in advance


1) I would just copy paste all of the grades onto the same word document, make it neat, and then pdf it. But you'll want to ask admissions to be certain.
2) It includes your current job.
_________________

Check out my website, a First-Hand view of what it's like to go to Business School! http://www.carlolivieri.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 23
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 12:11
Hello everyone,
Best of luck to you all at the first glance. There is a lag between GMAT Score receipt of the admission team and the confirmation receipt in the online system. I guess you shouldn't worry a lot about it. Just give the process a week or two. When I applied last year, I encountered the same problem and was informed about the fact I just mentioned above.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE: Analyst (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 13:52
CarlMtl wrote:
arujmishra wrote:
CarlMtl wrote:
Hey all McGill Desautels MBA applicants,

I'm a current MBA1 student at McGill, my name is Carl Olivieri and I'd be happy to share information about the program with all of you (though I won't interfere with the admissions team at McGill). Please feel free to check my website: http://www.CarlOlivieri.com for blogs, interviews, stories, etc. to learn more about the program.

Best of luck to you all.

Cheers,


Carl


Hi Carl,

I am currently working on my application for McGill, I have couple of questions after submitting my application, in the checklist it says upload 1 transcript per institution and it must include all degrees and courses taken at this institution, I had 4 semesters in my Masters and I do not have one transcript which has all the details in it. what should i do in that case? secondly in the work history form it asks to mention 2 most recent positions, does it mean 2 most recent ones apart from my current job, or it includes the current job?

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks in advance


1) I would just copy paste all of the grades onto the same word document, make it neat, and then pdf it. But you'll want to ask admissions to be certain.
2) It includes your current job.


Hi Carl,

Thanks a lot. I have one more question, I had taken the GMAT in Dec 2013, got a low score, I am planning to take it again in Jan 14, do I need to notify the admissions team, or my new GMAT score would automatically get updated, or should I wait to finish my checklist as well. I am a bit confused, any suggestions about this?

Thanks in advance
Re: Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2014, 13:52
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic ESADE MBA Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! anuragiitr 63 24 Sep 2013, 11:04
Experts publish their posts in the topic UC Davis MBA Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 10 24 Sep 2013, 00:40
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic Georgia Tech MBA Class of 2016 calling all applicants! jnljinson 50 24 Sep 2013, 00:36
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cranfield MBA class of 2016 calling all applicants! souvik101990 2 15 Sep 2013, 03:18
149 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants jumsumtak 631 21 Apr 2013, 07:30
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 64 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.