Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 15:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Desperately Need Help in CR...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 142

Desperately Need Help in CR... [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2014, 11:20
Hi All,

I took GMAT back in Sep 2012, and got disappointing 610 (Q49, V23). That was a disastrous and heart-breaking performance, for which I decided not to retake. However, I am not happy with my stagnant career, so I have decided to give GMAT another shot.

I am definitely sure that my poor result was due to the CR questions; I suck at them. I started preparing from Feb 1st week and targeting May 1st week for GMAT. I have taken two mock tests so far, and have got V38 (Kaplan) and V35(MGMAT). In both the practice sets, I have got 9 incorrect in CRs, which is bothering me too much.

I am very confused - I have over 90% accuracy in OG and standalone CR questions, but during the tests somehow I miss them. When I review the questions, I feel pity on me. Please help me with any tips that can resolve my problem.

610-re-take-strategy-need-help-140057.html

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
― Voltaire

Press Kudos, if I have helped.
Thanks!

shit-happens-my-journey-to-172475.html#p1372807

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Optimus Prep Instructor
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Desperately Need Help in CR... [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2014, 12:05
Expert's post
Hello,

in order to eliminate persistent weaknesses you should take a private tutor. This tutor will help you to recognize the exact reasons for your problems.

If you are interested we can arrange a non binding trial lesson.

Best regards,

Artem Morgunov I Founder of Optimus Prep I morgunov@optimus-prep.com

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1157

Kudos [?]: 5378 [0], given: 165

Re: Desperately Need Help in CR... [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2014, 20:27
Expert's post
ConnectTheDots wrote:
Hi All,

I took GMAT back in Sep 2012, and got disappointing 610 (Q49, V23). That was a disastrous and heart-breaking performance, for which I decided not to retake. However, I am not happy with my stagnant career, so I have decided to give GMAT another shot.

I am definitely sure that my poor result was due to the CR questions; I suck at them. I started preparing from Feb 1st week and targeting May 1st week for GMAT. I have taken two mock tests so far, and have got V38 (Kaplan) and V35(MGMAT). In both the practice sets, I have got 9 incorrect in CRs, which is bothering me too much.

I am very confused - I have over 90% accuracy in OG and standalone CR questions, but during the tests somehow I miss them. When I review the questions, I feel pity on me. Please help me with any tips that can resolve my problem.

610-re-take-strategy-need-help-140057.html

There is no reason for a person with Q49 to under perform in CR. CR is very mathematical and you use pure logic to arrive at the answer. In a strengthen question, you identify the conclusion. You look for the option that strengthens the conclusion and that's it. If you don't get distracted from your strategy, your accuracy should be very high in CR.

Are you trying to wrap up every CR question in 1.5 mins? That usually doesn't work out. You need to take 1 min for SC questions and 2+ mins for CR questions. They often have longer arguments and options and do take more time. That could be one reason you are able to hit standalone questions with reasonable accuracy but lose it in the test.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Desperately Need Help in CR...   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2014, 20:27