Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 02:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Despite 640's so far, I have come to appreciate the GMAT!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 0

Despite 640's so far, I have come to appreciate the GMAT! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2007, 16:17
The other day someone called me for a financial analyst position here in Tampa. They asked me if I was good at math... I confidently said yes!

Another time I went into this high end finance division of a big financial firm and they had me take this test of 50 questions in 12minutes. Kinda like a watered down SAT+GMAT.

Got to about question 28. I dunno if thats good or bad. (they said no one ever finishes the test).

However, I can say this. 4 1/2 months ago when I first graduated college. No way could I have made it past question 7. I couldnt have told the interviewer that I was good at math.

Regardless of what score I really end up with. My logic, grammer, and most of all my math skills are not even comparable to those of 4 1/2 months ago.

I think you long timers w/ the Gmat could agree with me.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: Despite 640's so far, I have come to appreciate the GMAT [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2007, 16:24
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
The other day someone called me for a financial analyst position here in Tampa. They asked me if I was good at math... I confidently said yes!

Another time I went into this high end finance division of a big financial firm and they had me take this test of 50 questions in 12minutes. Kinda like a watered down SAT+GMAT.

Got to about question 28. I dunno if thats good or bad. (they said no one ever finishes the test).

However, I can say this. 4 1/2 months ago when I first graduated college. No way could I have made it past question 7. I couldnt have told the interviewer that I was good at math.

Regardless of what score I really end up with. My logic, grammer, and most of all my math skills are not even comparable to those of 4 1/2 months ago.

you lose it all within a month of your final gmat :-D
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2007, 18:00
When i took psychametric test just before my preps. i was dumb and did not finish. after two months preps. i just got all questoin within the frame.

yeh. you will forget them all upon your prep finish and giving it. but will stay with gmatclub so that i will keep my prep goin.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 0

Re: Despite 640's so far, I have come to appreciate the GMAT [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2007, 18:51
dabots wrote:
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:

you lose it all within a month of your final gmat :-D

Maybe il looose a lot, but i dont think u realize just how bad I was at math.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2007, 18:53
You and me both, Blackbelt! You and me both! I might forget some of the finer points, but I think the meat of what I learned will stay with me...

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2007, 21:38
uphillclimb wrote:
You and me both, Blackbelt! You and me both! I might forget some of the finer points, but I think the meat of what I learned will stay with me...

i couldn't agree anymore!
  [#permalink] 27 Nov 2007, 21:38