Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 01:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Diagnostic Test Score=650! Study Plan Suggestions???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Diagnostic Test Score=650! Study Plan Suggestions??? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2014, 20:48
Hi! So this is actually my first post. I just joined a week ago. N find this forum really motivating. :-D I Read through quite a lot of posts, as BB suggested in the strategy posts, I engrossed myself in the forum and came to know about the format of questions and then took a diagnostic test- gmat test prep test 1. I used the analysis tool called gmat prep analysis tool.
It is an excellent tool I believe.

So here is the analysis

Total-650
Q49V31
Quant section- 14 incorrect
DS-55.55% accuracy
PS-68.4% accuracy

Verbal section -17 incorrect
Rc- 71.4% accuracy
Cr- 72.7% accuracy
Sc- 37.5% accuracy :(

Clearly, verbal is the prob along with data sufficiency.
So, please suggest a study plan or a strategy to prepare. I would take gmat in a couple of months! Also, I am a voracious reader but I guess grammatically I am super weak.
I find the boldface type cr questions really really tough. Any suggestions regarding them?
Thanks a lot in advance. :-D
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2221

Kudos [?]: 8234 [1] , given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Diagnostic Test Score=650! Study Plan Suggestions??? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2014, 20:52
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Well... you need to work on your Verbal. MGMAT Books or Veritas Guides will do the trick. Alternatively if you want to take a course, you can take the eGMAT's verbal-only course.

I am very surprised at your high Quant score - it may be deceivingly high, so I would recommend some quant prep too; don't feel that it is in the bag.

Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Diagnostic Test Score=650! Study Plan Suggestions??? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2014, 22:16
That's so weird. I took my first GMAT Prep today as well. I got 17 wrong on Quant and got a 34, while 16 wrong on verbal, and got a 35 for a score of 580. These scores don't make sense at all
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Diagnostic Test Score=650! Study Plan Suggestions??? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2014, 22:25
iginca wrote:
That's so weird. I took my first GMAT Prep today as well. I got 17 wrong on Quant and got a 34, while 16 wrong on verbal, and got a 35 for a score of 580. These scores don't make sense at all

Well as far as I can make out, the number of wrongs and rights you get doesn't give you the actual score, it more depends on the number of difficult questions you can get right which pushes your score up and also getting more number of easier questions wrong would pull the score down.
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 05-07-2014
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 4

Re: Diagnostic Test Score=650! Study Plan Suggestions??? [#permalink] New post 04 May 2014, 06:13
Vibsify wrote:
iginca wrote:

Well as far as I can make out, the number of wrongs and rights you get doesn't give you the actual score, it more depends on the number of difficult questions you can get right which pushes your score up and also getting more number of easier questions wrong would pull the score down.

I actually agree with iginca. I have given the GMATPrep test 2-3 times now, and my incorrect questions in Verbal range from 12-14. Yet my Verbal Score has only been around 30, which I have honestly failed to understand.
Re: Diagnostic Test Score=650! Study Plan Suggestions???   [#permalink] 04 May 2014, 06:13