Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 22:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Diagnostic Test - Verbal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Diagnostic Test - Verbal [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2012, 21:32
Hi all,

just taken the diagnostic test for verbal from the OG. Scored 17/17, 15/17 & 16/18. Just wondering how I would go in verbal with little work on this section between now and the test - how realistic is the diagnostic test? I know i will need to put some time into it, working under time constraints as well as harder questions (my errors came in the last third of each section), but i think i also have a lot of work to do on Quantitative. I'm trying to put together my study plan now, so any comment on this would be great.

thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Diagnostic Test - Verbal [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2012, 22:03
It would be difficult to tell your verbal ability just based on this diagnostic alone. I suggest you should look at taking a full fledged test. That would give you your true performance. The OG diagnostic is untimed and unrealistic, if performed alone as a separate section. A ton of free tests are out there. Take one of them and diagnose.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Diagnostic Test - Verbal [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2012, 03:41
As Mourinho (boo!) above noted, a full test will give you a more accurate idea of where you stand. Just try out the tests available on the GMATPrep program from MBA.com, and you should have a good notion of what you need to work on.

Hi, I'm MrFong, a former GMAT Pill student who scored 780. I am very grateful for this score and have now joined their staff :)

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Schools: UCSD (Rady) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 189

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 3

Re: Diagnostic Test - Verbal [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2012, 12:21
Expert's post
Hey jsull, as others have mentioned, you should take a practice CAT (there's a free one from MGMAT, for instance) to make sure the diagnostic is accurate, but it sounds like you'll be in good shape! Keep in mind that the GMAT rewards balanced test takers, so if your quant percentile ends up being much lower than your verbal, then you should study with a heavy emphasis on quant until the scores are more comparable.

Ryan Jacobs | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | San Francisco

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 32

CAT Tests
Re: Diagnostic Test - Verbal [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2012, 21:10
Also, if you have not yet, try GMAT Club's diagnostic tests. They are very comprehensive.

If you learn to do things that you need to do - then someday - you can do things that you want to do.

Re: Diagnostic Test - Verbal   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2012, 21:10