Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 12:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Difference between countries. Too young for an MBA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Difference between countries. Too young for an MBA? [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 04:10
Hello,

I'll be completing my BA in Management in 2014 in Armenia. However, due to the difference in the education systems between Armenia and US/EU, I will only be 20 years old. I have 2 years of full-time job experience, as I've been working while doing my studies.

Which would be the right choice for me: an MSc in Marketing, since I want to follow a career in Marketing or going directly for an MBA?

MBA seems a good choice for me, although I understand that my age and experience might be a disadvantage. What would you advise?
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 0

Re: Difference between countries. Too young for an MBA? [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 05:39
Expert's post
Hi there,

If you're looking for the full experience and advantage of an MBA, I would suggest waiting a couple of years. You might have work experience from working while you're in school, but it's not of the caliber you might think it is. I don't mean that to demean your experiences but merely to point out you will be going toe to toe with some of the brightest from around the world. Not to mention, the additional experience will let you get SO much more out of your education.

As for the masters in Marketing - marketing is a tough field in the first place. A masters right out of undergrad may not give you the boost you're looking for. Once again, you will earn a return on what you bring to the table.

You're only 20 - you have time. Schools want people to bring diverse experiences to the table not only for their own benefit, but yours too. Take a few years, get some additional experience, and explore! Don't rush into an MBA. Not to mention, at 20, almost all of the top MBA programs will raise their eyebrows (and not in a good way).

I hope this helps and good luck!

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Difference between countries. Too young for an MBA? [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 09:38
Hi,

Thank you for your reply and your help.

I think you might be right. Of course, I'll give it another thought, but at the end of the day it does feel like I'm rushing way too much into it.

Thank you again.
Re: Difference between countries. Too young for an MBA?   [#permalink] 22 May 2013, 09:38