Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ding from Wharton EMBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Ding from Wharton EMBA [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2007, 10:13
I got a ding from Wharton EMBA this year after being put on waitlist last year. It is really frustating as last year during the feedback session the adcom mentioned that my application was one of the challenging ones in which they can't pinpoint any flaw.Everything looked OK, only thing I need to do is to improve them to look better. I worked hard after that to improve all the aspects of my application. Improved my GMAT score from 660 to 710, verbal improved from V31 to V40. Improved AWA from 4.0 to 5.0. Worked on an international project in Europe.Got excellent backing from our VP at my work place and improved other things also. But in the end for naught.
The letter says: "This has been an exceptionally high competitive admission session, when mulitiple candidate fighting for a single space.In most of the cases there is no single reason for denial."
So now after so much of hard work, doors are closed for me for Wharton EMBA.
I am in the process of submitting my app to Chicago EMBA.
Lets see whats there in the destiny.

thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2007, 10:27
Sorry to hear that, that's a tough story. Good luck with the Chicago Emba.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 103 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2007, 12:46
Good luck with Chicago.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2007, 18:09
that really hurts.
After all the effort, wharton denied.
Good luck with Chicago (this is from the bottom of my heart!)
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 139 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2007, 07:11
Seriously Vic, I think you had some unfortunate luck this year. I remember your GMAT war stories and how hard you fought to get that 710. If Chicago doesn't pan out, then I suggest you apply in R1 for H/S/W and a few other elites in 08. By all means, don't give up. Worst case scenario, use the sniper approach buddy.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2007, 08:37
Yes Mat, Looks like bad luck is not leaving me. I had a joy of conquering GMAT and that lasted for only a month. Now with this ding everthing is back to square one. I am again on the same spot from where I started.
Things are specially tough in the bay area.

Yesterday only a prominent newspaper in the Bay Area published a report on its front page that " 2007 has been the most competitive year which has seen highest number of rejection for college admissions in California, students with 4.0 GPA are not getting admissions."
Even the same situation is true for KG level. My 4 yr old didn't get admission in his home school as there were 148 kids for 48 seats and their fate was decided by the lottery.

Now I am looking beyond Silicon Valley, I already applied to Chicago EMBA, next week is my interview, lets see how it goes?
  [#permalink] 07 Apr 2007, 08:37