Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 07:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Dip in ESADE rankings, while IE and IESE holds fort??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Dip in ESADE rankings, while IE and IESE holds fort?? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 02:37
This new topic is generated to understand as to why ESADE might have dropped in FT rankings 2012 while IESE and IE has held fort, even though all three are Spanish schools and from Europe.

IESE and IE have managed to up their post-MBA salaries and ESADE has gone down..Double dip recession??

Or is the quality of education at IESE way ahead of IE and ESADE?

Please do give you reasons:-)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: ESADE '15 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 29

Re: Dip in ESADE rankings, while IE and IESE holds fort?? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 02:58
Please read this article regarding the rankings published by FT:
http://www.economist.com/whichmba/rankings-handle-care

Learn to walk before you run.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 6

Re: Dip in ESADE rankings, while IE and IESE holds fort?? [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 16:20
I would not believe rankings very much, as there are flaws in the design of the surveys/questionnaires that can be a little bit manipulated by Schools and Alumni, giving some surprises as a result.
What general knowledge says: in Spain there's no doubt IESE is number one in quality, history and professors. I think it is accepted that ESADE is number two, with good quality on the MBA also. IE actually is far away from these two... but they do very well on rankings.

Does this post deserve KUDOS?

Free Prep: Self-prepare GMAT for free and GMAT Math tips for free
Free Flashcards: Free GMAT Flashcards

More: "All I wish someone had told me about GMAT beforehand"
There are many things you want to know before doing the GMAT exam (how is exam day, what to expect, how to think, to do's...), and you have them in this blog, in a simple way

Re: Dip in ESADE rankings, while IE and IESE holds fort??   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2013, 16:20