Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [2]
Given Kudos: 115
GPA: 2.3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Send PM
Re: Disappointed ! [#permalink]
In my opinion you have no choice but to dramatically improve your Verbal score if you have any hope of scoring a 650. Read the section "Breakdown of a 700 Score" (second section) in this link. https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/break-700.cfm
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vijaytak1 wrote:
Hi,

Considering your verbal score ie 14 and presuming you wont be able to cross 35 (as a jump from 14 to anything 35+ would be improbable in a month) ,i think you will have to take your Q score to 45 .you will be able to scale up your Q score easily to 45 with 2 weeks of hardwork.

Thanks vijaytak1

I have approximately 4 weeks, I am sure I can improve my Q to 40+ since my engineering background, I am only not sure about the Verbal since I really struggled through it during preparations, I am using the OG and Manhattan guides, should I carry on with the same material and better strategy or there's other options.

Many thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MzJavert wrote:
In my opinion you have no choice but to dramatically improve your Verbal score if you have any hope of scoring a 650. Read the section "Breakdown of a 700 Score" (second section) in this link. https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/break-700.cfm

ThanKS MzJavert,

I am sure I can improve my Q but I need to get my V to much higher score, I get about 20 during my practices and didn't had problem with CR, its the SC and RC!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 560 Q45 V23
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Disappointed 450! [#permalink]
I gave the test on 16th July, and i am more than 100% sure, GMAT has made its Verbal portion way more tough than what it was used to be before. I scored V23, despite scoring V34-35 on major prep tests. I can bet that GMAT has definitely changed its Verbal portion. And that is scary.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nikhiil wrote:
I gave the test on 16th July, and i am more than 100% sure, GMAT has made its Verbal portion way more tough than what it was used to be before. I scored V23, despite scoring V34-35 on major prep tests. I can bet that GMAT has definitely changed its Verbal portion. And that is scary.

I felt it was much more default than what I used to get in my mock exams too, I usually score just below or above 20.

I have not other option except to try harder this time with more effort and practice in the verbal.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
saifa08 wrote:
vijaytak1 wrote:
Hi,

Considering your verbal score ie 14 and presuming you wont be able to cross 35 (as a jump from 14 to anything 35+ would be improbable in a month) ,i think you will have to take your Q score to 45 .you will be able to scale up your Q score easily to 45 with 2 weeks of hardwork.

Thanks vijaytak1

I have approximately 4 weeks, I am sure I can improve my Q to 40+ since my engineering background, I am only not sure about the Verbal since I really struggled through it during preparations, I am using the OG and Manhattan guides, should I carry on with the same material and better strategy or there's other options.

Many thanks

Honestly,I think the OG and MGMAT guides are more than enough. I think what you need to do is study better,in the sense,analyze your mistakes more deeply,analyze what was your thought process while solving the problem as against the desired process mentioned in the answer explanations.emphasize quality over quantity!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saifa08 wrote:
Hi all

Just took the GMAT and scored a miserable 450 with Q 39(46%) and V 14(8%?)

Still can not believe the 8% !

I have to retake it again in August and score the 650 to attend the school in September!

Is the Q 39 is good enough if I improve my V to get the 650? Otherwise what do I need to do on the Q to achieve the 650?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Update: I got access to my official score today, surprisingly I scored 5 in writing but 1 in IR!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts