Just returned from GMAT. Got 700 (Q49,V35). Very disappointed with my score.
Here is a quick background -
This is the second time I gave the GMAT.
When I gave it for the first time, I just prepared the OG, gave the two official tests (740,760) and practiced from a few local sources (Overall 2 months of preparation).
Scored a 710 (Q49,V38).
Was disappointed back then as well. Forgot about it for a few months.
Decided to take it back up now. Started afresh. Found out from a few sources that MGMAT books
are good for verbal. Studied those. Also used MGMAT Advanced Math Guide for DS.
Also, gave a couple of mocks. Here are the scores -
0) Retake - GMAT Prep 1 770 (Q50,V44)
1) MGMAT 1 720 (Q49,V39)
2) MGMAT 2 730 (Q51,V38)
3) MGMAT 3 730 (Q49, V40)
4) MGMAT 4 720 (Q50,V38)
5) MGMAT 5 720 (Q48, V40)
6) MGMAT 6 760 (Q49,V45)
9) Veritas Prep
10) Retake - GMAT Prep 2 740 (Q49,V41)
Gave these tests in this order itself.
Gave tests 9,10 a day before the acutal GMAT.
Also, before leaving for the actual exam prepared a practice set of 30 questions (5 questions from each section) from the 90 pratice questions that come with the official software - just to get in the flow. Got all of them right.
Test experience was also good. Finished all sections including AWA and IR with 2-3 minutes to spare.
Found choosing between the last two options a little tricky for few verbal questions.
But all in all, was expecting a 50-51 in quant and 39-44 in Verbal (Overall : 740-760)
Was a little surprised to see this score.
Could experts please advise?
1) Am I falling short in my preparation?
2) Is it the series of activities precluding the exam?
3) Is it some basic exam strategy I am missing?
4) Is there some specific mindset you need to have during the exams?
5) Or could I attribute it to bad luck and a bad day
And, the biggest question,
6) Should I give it again in the next 1-2 weeks (While in the flow)? (My target schools require a 730-740+ for a Indian Student. Current scores wont help.)
Open to any other suggestions as well.