Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Disappointment

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Disappointment [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2008, 06:49
Hey guys,

Just now I am able to write about my GMAT experience which was a complete disaster. I was extremelly nervous and my score was...470 :(. It is true...after 4 months of work I am feeling really down and thinking whether I will be able to sit again the exam. I can't understand how did I get this result since in the GMATprep I was scoring between 680 and 710...even my huge workload at work can't justify this. I am taking a week off study so that I am able to recover.

My biggest concern at the moment is that even if I get a great result next time, the selection committee will always see this crap result :(. I know I can do much better...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Disappointment [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2008, 08:06
Hey buddy
dont worry ...i just think u have had a bad day
what i would suggest is that take some time off i.e. 15 - 20 days give u r mind some rest and then i think u ll be in a better position to evaluvate
if u r getting a 680 - 710 score there is every reason that u are meant for a better score than what u got

take care

The world is continuous, but the mind is discrete

CEO
CEO
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Disappointment [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2008, 14:59
Hi carol,

Don't be disappointed, I've seen the caliber of your posts and I can tell that you have underperformed. Take it again, now that you've seen how it works, you will be a lot more confident about it. Having one poor score on the record doesnt prevent you from getting admitted. Most schools have an optional essay where you can explain that you have one low gmat because <some reason> - end of story.

I personally know of another guy in the forum who took it, got 400s ... retook it TWICE and ended with a 700 and then he ended up in Wharton. So that should allay fears of being rejected for one poor score for you.
SVP
SVP
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 284 [0], given: 1

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Disappointment [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2008, 17:55
carol wrote:
I know I can do much better

If so, do not worry much and let try another real! Good luck! :lol:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Disappointment [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2008, 05:41
Thanks for your support guys...I am going to restart my study next week and actively participate in the forum. Hopefully I will have a good story to tell next time.

In your opinion how long should I wait to retake the exam? I was thinking in retaking it in October...do you think it is the appropriate time? I know that this really depends on your focus in study, and that I can assure you that will be huge...
CEO
CEO
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Disappointment [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2008, 13:39
Do a swot analysis... pinpoint what went wrong. If you believe it was just nerves and that your actual knowledge is in good shape then waiting till October might be overkill. However, if you feel that you want to start from fundamentals then October may be a good time. A word of warning though, October is around the time when many R1 apps are due.

carol wrote:
Thanks for your support guys...I am going to restart my study next week and actively participate in the forum. Hopefully I will have a good story to tell next time.

In your opinion how long should I wait to retake the exam? I was thinking in retaking it in October...do you think it is the appropriate time? I know that this really depends on your focus in study, and that I can assure you that will be huge...
Re: Disappointment   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2008, 13:39