Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
You should give it again [#permalink]
Parmendra,
Take it again..I know you would nail it..With the interactions that i had with you so far i am more than sure about your abilities..Consider it as just a bad day..It happened with me too and with hundreds of people over here...You just need to motivate yourself and give it your best shot..I am sure, you would certainly cross 700.
Cheers,
Anand
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree that you should give it again...
I have seen tons of posts from you and admire the time that you are putting in into the exam..
dont give up now... just consider it as a start..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Parmender,

Congratulations!

First of all, 650 is not a bad score :) so don't feel bad. You are a 700+ material. I think you can give it again, keep up the hardwork.

Fight Back!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
What the heck! I expected you to nail atleast a 700 if not more. I have personally learned a lot from your posts in the quant. forum.

I have no doubt that you will nail it the next time.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
[#permalink]
Indeed, not a bad score at all! So don't be disheartened and I'm sure you will cross the 700 mark the next time around!

Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Re: Disappointment - 650 (Q48 V32) - 84%ile [#permalink]
Hi ps_dahiya,

I have an extra copy of the manhattan gmat SC guide in case you don't have it. It has done wonders to my SC timing (75-90 seconds ) and hit rate (up from the 60s-70s to high 90s) on the 1000SCs. I read a post from one the guys ( think it was banerjee ) who recommended focusing only the SC guide and forgetting the rest of the verbal forum mumbo jumbo.

Anyways, have a good break and come back strong !

~

ps_dahiya wrote:
Friends,

I got out with a big disapponitment just 4 hours back with a 650 (Q48 V32) - 84%ile. Not at all happy with the score. No one, other than me, is to blame for this disappointment.

Test Centre: San Francisco
Staff was extremely courteous. Reached 1 hour early at 10:00 AM. Had a Frappuccino at Starbucks and a cigarette. Then, all that fingerprinting and blah blah and then started at 10:30 AM. Location is quiet and just below the COIT tower in San Francisco. Those who want address of test centre to see it before taking the appointment, please PM me.

AWA: Went OK. Nothing to say much about that. Probably I will get about 5 or so. I recommend AWA template of PR and one got from some forum on internet.

QUANT:
Started pretty well and double checked first 5 questions. Then in the middle bombarded with DS questions. I was having mild Dysentery. When I was at about Q30 then felt the urge but controlled somehow. Distracted a little bit but went OK. Then finished the quant 1 minute early. Just after finishing rushed to toilet and got relief. Quant was of OG level and some questions of level what we practice here. I did not touch quant of KAPLAN so can't compare to that. I practised quant only at GMATCLUB and with OG DS. Two easy probalility questions also appeared.

VERBAL:

First got 3 three SCs in a row. I was going pretty good with verbal also but in the middle got one RC about some analysis of male and female debt-related legal cases of 1717 in United States. After reading that twice could not pick the answers but had to answer. Now timing was screwed. Last 6 questions and 8 minutes left. Panicked now and answered one CR some how. Again CR and guesses it in hope of getting an SC. Got two SC : attempted them and then guessed on remaining 2-3 questions.

BTW, I FOUND THOSE NOTEBOARDS PRETTY OK. But I will still write to Pearson because scratch papers will certainly be better than these noteboards.

Advice to test takers: Check that marker is working or not before going to your seat. Don't leave the marker uncapped during the AWA section. I did that and it dried up even before the first QUANT question. I raised my hand and test administrator provided me another one.

I will now take a break for 10 days and start again. I will surely appear again but next time with much better strike rate in SCs and CRs.

SCORES OF GMATPREP ETC. ARE NOT AT ALL INDICATORS OF YOUR REAL ABILITIES. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THAT DAY. KEEP YOURSELF COMPOSED AND CALM.

Questions Welcome.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Agree that GMATPREP is not necessarily a true indicator (in my case of Verbal only). I scored both times around 40-42 in practice tests (verbal) and got 34 in real GMAT :oops
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
dhaiya dont be disheartened.. we all know that you can do better.. and all of us have learnt a lot from you. .i know that you deserve more than this and yes.. you have every right to be disspapointed..

on the side note, what were your practice scores like?? and was verbal harder than Kaplan's material or how would you compare it with OG ??
VP
VP
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
bewakoof wrote:
dhaiya dont be disheartened.. we all know that you can do better.. and all of us have learnt a lot from you. .i know that you deserve more than this and yes.. you have every right to be disspapointed..

on the side note, what were your practice scores like?? and was verbal harder than Kaplan's material or how would you compare it with OG ??

Thanks a lot buddies for all your appreciations and for putting this disappointment so delicately.

Abhishek,

I only gave gave PP, GMATPREP and PR tests.

PP1 - 550 (When I was thinking of GMAT)
PP2- 620
GMATPREP2 - 630
PR1 - 680
PR2 - 650

Minimum score in any quant test was 49 and in PR tests it was always 51. Also during all my tests my son used to make a lot of noise and I was unable to concentrate in verbal section.

Difficulty of questions was not related to one source. Some of them difficult like KAPLAN and some like OG and some what we discuss here in forum.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
buddy, we've been observing many of your posts. You definitely have the ability to cross 700!!! 650 is indeed a good start. Give it another try!! We're waiting for your good news which will come very soon, we know :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 601 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ps_dahiya congrats for the good score,

As far as we can follow through this forum, you are really a challenging gmatter :wink: IMO 650 is really a good score, but if you think that you need more, then you should not give it up. I am sure you will get a much higher score next time..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello ps_dahiya,

I have no doubts that you'll do it once again and earn yourself a 700+

Put your efforts in verbal, then show them your 50 quant ability and a great 38 in verbal.

You'll make it!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
650 is a nice score. you have a room for improvement in verbal and marh as well.

Congratulation and goodluck...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2101 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ps_dahiya,

650 is a good score!! But Not for you !!

You deserve more ..!!! I am sure you can easily hit 700+.

I know starting all over again is tough ( I am going throuh the same phase!!).

But we goto defeate the GMAT Beast .....

cj
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Learn your lesson from the gmats [#permalink]
A 650 is good anough to get into almost any school. This is the point, to get into B-school, not have some nerd war to get the higest gmat score, honestly, once you get into school, NOBODY cares what you got.

A good friend of mine got into NYU part time MBA with a GPA of 2.8 and GMAT 640.

Do you really want to spend another $250 dollars on this exam, the smartest people seems like the silliest on this topic. Apply, and MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!

Start school, youll be thank ful to save a little money once you see those massive B-school loans, youll say, I cant believe I wanted all the money on the gmats.

Thansk my 2 cent$

MBA, 2008, Baruch
VP
VP
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Re: Learn your lesson from the gmats [#permalink]
spliff97 wrote:
A 650 is good anough to get into almost any school. This is the point, to get into B-school, not have some nerd war to get the higest gmat score, honestly, once you get into school, NOBODY cares what you got.

A good friend of mine got into NYU part time MBA with a GPA of 2.8 and GMAT 640.

Do you really want to spend another $250 dollars on this exam, the smartest people seems like the silliest on this topic. Apply, and MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!

Start school, youll be thank ful to save a little money once you see those massive B-school loans, youll say, I cant believe I wanted all the money on the gmats.

Thansk my 2 cent$

MBA, 2008, Baruch

I totally agree with you. But only thing that matters to me is the scholarship. I feel that with a 650 it is very unlikely to get a scholarship in elite schools. Without scholarship it is difficult for a married person with a kid to do full time MBA. If I get 700 thats well and good but if not then there is no other choice but to go without scholarship.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
As you have already planned to retake, I would just hope you muster another 4-5 points on verbal. Quant, to the most part, is already taken care of. So, all the best for next attempt. As everyone says, you have it in you to cross the 7xx hurdle.

Nonetheless, 650, to me, is good score at any day. So congratulations!!!

duttsit
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts