Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 12:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 05:29
Hey guys I have to share my disastrous experience,

I prepared with the classical tools: MGMAT + OG + Forums. First Gmatprep 590 2 months ago Last MGMAT 650, Last Kaplan 720
I took the Gmat last thursday at 5pm in a center near Brisbane, Australia (Reboot Technology). The room was really small (about 10 computers) and located in a huge mall. In addition I was the only one passing the test. (Strange)

Middle of IR I could hear an electric guitar playing in the next room !
Beginning of Quant a whole band began to play !!! I could hear everything, and my table was shaking (really atrocious rock by the way)
Impossible to focus. I was furious. The manager came, apologized, and said he will tell them to stop. The group band stopped but began 5 minutes later ! It was like that all the test: start playing, manager went to tell them to stop, stop playing 2 minutes, restarted :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm not the kind of person who finds excuse when he fails but these conditions were INSANE. Especially for CR and RC as I'm not a native speaker I need full concentration. I wasn't able to read properly a text.

Final score 590, same as my first GmatPrep.... GREAT
The manager said he wanted to call me in order to reschedule my test but as I gave my foreign number, he couldn't reach me. (I checked and he didn't try to call me + why didn't he send me an email ??)

I'm devastated and I don't know what I should do...

Thoughts ?

PS: DON'T GO TO REBOOT TECHNOLOGY, BRISBANE
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 01-31-2013
GPA: 3.65
WE: Research (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 22

Re: Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2013, 22:09
This post received
KUDOS
danidan wrote:
Thanks for the support guys.
Mail already sent to GMAC and test already booked for the 4 April.
I'll keep you in touch.

All the best for your Retake. One good thing in your first try was that you were alone in the room so you were not getting disturbed by the whispers of the person sitting besides you. :roll: Be careful ablout this next time.
( the person who sat besides me during my test day was reading out each and every sentence on screen. and I found it very disturbing) :(

Press Kudos if you find my post useful. Thank you.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 06:31
Sorry to hear about your experience.You must report this to the GMAC. You have suffered today and I'm sure that there would be a lot of others would be going through this every other day at this test center
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 265 [0], given: 67

Re: Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 08:51
There is no reason to get disappointed or devasted. Infact be glad that your tested on the negative extreme of your potential.
Hence, Give one more try after 45 days at some other test centre....It just matter of time that you will see 650 on your score card...or may be more...
May best wishes are with you!!!

Consider Kudos if my post helps!!

Archit
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 17:59
Thanks for the support guys.
Mail already sent to GMAC and test already booked for the 4 April.
I'll keep you in touch.
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 265 [0], given: 67

Re: Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2013, 00:43
My best wishes to you, Hoping to read an excellent debrief.

Archit
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 5

Re: Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 14:07
This is really sad. I have a really hard time concentrating with music playing. Has this happened with others as well. How can I find out whether my center is in a quiet place
Re: Disastrous GMAT Experience at Brisbane Center   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2013, 14:07