Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Feb 2015, 09:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

disciplinary probabtion during undergard - 12 years ago

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: The University of Texas at Austin
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

disciplinary probabtion during undergard - 12 years ago [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2007, 00:30
So I've been tooling around some online application questions and at least a few of them ask if I was ever put on disciplinary probation during my undergrad.

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. 12 years ago I had a heated quarrel with a fellow student and we ended up getting in trouble over it. It was stupid and immature but I was 18 and stupid and immature.

I'm wondering if:

1) This kind of thing shows up on a transcript. If so, in what detail?
2) I will mention it in my application but if I didn't would they be the wiser? I ask as application boards seem to have knowledge bordering on omniscience when it comes to this kind of thing.

Many thanks,
DW
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 181 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2007, 12:32
No one's replied, so I thought I would take a swing at it.

I don't *think* that the probation would show up your transcript -- it wasn't academic. But the best way to find out is to get a hold of yours and check it out. You'll need it anyway; better not to be scrambling at the last minute.

If it's not on your transcript and it's not directly asked about on the application, I wouldn't want to mention it. You volunteer your faults only when requested. I do remember something about a campus safety question, but those might have related to felonies, not to shenanigans in the cafeteria.
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2007, 18:13
I would be extremely surprised if something like that is noted on your undergrad transcript. Additionally, I would only worry about mentioning it if your undergrad college and potential MBA school are at the same university.
Current Student
Schools: The University of Texas at Austin
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2007, 06:17
Thanks for the replies. I just called the registrar at my undergrad and the only thing they see is a warning, not probation, for the aforementioned event. Woohoo! I suppose I just remembered it wrong.
  [#permalink] 05 Jul 2007, 06:17