Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Discover Cornell - Boston Reception

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Discover Cornell - Boston Reception [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 06:33
Quote:

Dear Oziemba2006 ,

On behalf of Randall Sawyer, Director of Admissions for The Johnson School at Cornell University, we are pleased to invite to you to a Discover Cornell reception in Boston on Thursday, December 14, 2006 at the Omni Parker House. You have been selected from a group of prospective students based on your interest in the Johnson School. This is your opportunity to meet senior administrators and Boston based alumni as well as to hear first hand about our MBA program.

Thursday, December 14

7:00 – 8:30 pm

Omni Parker House

60 School Street

Boston, Massachusetts

The Johnson School is pleased to welcome many of its extraordinary alumni, faculty and lecturers to the Omni Parker House for this reception and would welcome your attendance to learn more about the Johnson School and its far-reaching network and exceptional MBA program.

The evening will include comments from:

Richard A. Shafer, Cornell PhD ’97. In addition to being the Associate Dean for Corporate Relations at the Johnson School at Cornell University, Dr. Shafer is also a Director at TruePoint Partners, specializing in working with senior teams on strategy execution, organizational design and change management. Prior to joining Cornell in 1997, Dr. Shafer he was a partner in Deloitte Consulting, served as National Director of Human Resources for Deloitte & Touche LLP for 12 years, and held a variety of senior executive positions at Corning, Inc.

Randy L. Allen, Cornell BA, Senior Lecturer of Strategy and Consultant in Residence, the Johnson School. A member of the Johnson School's Advisory Council, Allen spent over 22 years with Deloitte Consulting, focusing on consumer business and serving clients in the retail, distribution, consumer goods, and apparel manufacturing industries. Most recently, she was with Kmart Corp. (Troy, Michigan) in a variety of roles including senior vice president of strategic planning and business initiatives, executive vice president for strategic initiatives, chief diversity officer, and executive vice president of strategic planning and CIO. Allen led the restructuring of that business, putting it on the path to profitability. Allen previously worked for Phillips-Van Heusen Corp., Boeing Computer Services, and IBM.

Amit Nisenbaum, Cornell MBA ’03, is a Strategy Consultant with the Boston Consulting Group. His industry expertise is in the Technology and Telecom industries and his functional expertise is in the strategy, corporate development and organizational behaviour practices. Most recently he has held senior Business Development, Product Management and Project Management positions at ECTEL LTD and Vsoft LTD. Mr. Nisenbaum was one of the founding directors of BR Incubator, Cornell University’s consulting firm advising early stage ventures.

Dave Titus, Cornell MBA '04, spent two years in the Boston office of L.E.K. Consulting where he worked on a variety of strategy projects, including several in the life sciences and private equity industries. Dave has recently joined Fidelity Consulting and New Business Development, Fidelity's internal strategy group.

Please join Director Sawyer, noted alumni and other Johnson Staff for drinks and hors d’oeuvres to learn more about The Johnson School at Cornell University.

Again, the event is Thursday, December 14, 2006, 7:00 – 8:30 pm at Omni Parker House, 60 School Street, Boston, MA.

RSVP by replying to this email by close of business Tuesday, December 12, 2006 to jlf27@cornell.edu.

Jennifer Cottrell

107 Sage Hall

S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management

Cornell University

Tel: (607)254-5446

Fax:(607)255-6731

email: jlf27@cornell.edu

Who else got this ? BSchools send this to all prospective students in a partuclar region..Wondering , if it's worth taking the trip to Boston

Any suggestions?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 07:39
I got one too and I was already admited. Mine said that the reception was in NY. I might go just for fun :)
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 07:50
When is the event in New York? Mind sharing Date and Time
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 09:47
Yea I got a copy of that too for the Boston reception, but would rather visit the NY one. Can you please PM me as well?

I believe its yogurt!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 10:07
Discover Cornell reception in New York City on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 at the Cornell Club. You have been selected from a group of prospective students based on your interest in earning an MBA with a Finance, Investment Banking, Private Wealth Management, Sales/Trading, Mergers/Acquisitions, or Asset Management focus.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

6:00 – 7:30 pm

The Cornell Club

6 East 44th Street

New York, NY
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 11:42
bayern15 wrote:
Discover Cornell reception in New York City on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 at the Cornell Club. You have been selected from a group of prospective students based on your interest in earning an MBA with a Finance, Investment Banking, Private Wealth Management, Sales/Trading, Mergers/Acquisitions, or Asset Management focus.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

6:00 – 7:30 pm

The Cornell Club

6 East 44th Street

New York, NY

I'm going to that one.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 12:10
I do see the differnce between the 2 receptions:

New York says: You have been selected from a group of prospective students based on your interest in earning an MBA with a Finance, Investment Banking, Private Wealth Management, Sales/Trading, Mergers/Acquisitions, or Asset Management focus.

Boston says: You have been selected from a group of prospective students based on your interest in the Johnson School.

I got the Boston reception email because I am not interested in any of the Finance/Banking stuff and probably made that selection somewhere during this MBA process. Im sure you folks will find the same.

I believe its yogurt!

VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 12:17
I did notice the difference, but i dont have much holidays left to attend Boston event ..so will attend the NYC event..( an Hour ride -u know that :-D )

As we are trying to boost our case,i feel a visit to either location will give plenty of fodder for the essays :lol:

cheers
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 16:42
Ozmba2006 wrote:
I did notice the difference, but i dont have much holidays left to attend Boston event ..so will attend the NYC event..( an Hour ride -u know that :-D )

As we are trying to boost our case,i feel a visit to either location will give plenty of fodder for the essays :lol:

cheers

wear a tag gmatclub.com so we can meet up :P
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2006, 17:01
Anyone know of an event in the DC area?

Can't seem to find an Events page on their website.
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 180 [0], given: 2

cornell events [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2006, 19:21
you have to set up a user name and then you can see the events. took me the longest time to figure that out. i guess they want to see a little effort on your part before they'll give out. :)
cornell events   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2006, 19:21