Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 06:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

dissapointed, dont feel like giving gmat

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
dissapointed, dont feel like giving gmat [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2006, 12:12
hey everyone..

i initially was very keen on getting a good score in gmat.. and started taking lot of interest in the forums here.. but recently have been feelling down.. As soon as I saw that almost everyone suggested OG I went and got that.. Till then I had done only Kaplan and PR.. BUT I STILL SCREW UP IN SC. It is depressing... After you read the explainations you think.. oh how dumb was I to not see the parallelsim.. almost everything needs to be parallel...

I have done the following:
PR complete book.
Kaplan Complete Book
OG: PS and DS complete
OG: still working on SC,CR and RC... done 25% of problems..

Did the Following Tests:
Kaplan Practice Test from Book: Scored 620
PR CD Test 1: 660
OG Diagonsotic Test: SC: got average, CR and RC: got above average, and PS and DS got excellent..

But my main concern is.. What more can I do to improve SC? I keep practicing..................

Started the Gmatter Software, started the 1000 SC.. Started solving GMAT885SC... doing all i can.. but I AM SO AFRAID TO TAKE the next practice test.. I am hoping to take KapTest 1.. and see where I go..

My strategy now is in chrnological order:
1) Complete OG...
2) Take Kaptest CD 1,2
3) Finish 400 SC problems from GMAT885SC
4) Take PR Test 2,3,4
5) Take Kaptest 3,4
6) Finish the rest of GMAT885SC
7) Finish Gmatter software problems..

Anything else? What mroe can I do? I am tired.. and ready to give up.. The more I practice verbal.. the more I go bad........
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2006, 17:14
If u can get hold of Manhattan Sentence Correction book ..nothing like it ...seriouslyits a great book if u are having issues with SC . Trust me once u go through that book ... u will be all set . infact in this book after every chapter they ask you to solve questions from OG11 and OG verbal guide .Plus their material is outstanding . You need to read this book to know what i mean .

I bought this book after reading reviews of many top scorers and believe me i found it extremly helpful . Definitely after reading this u will be able to solve OG more confidently .

Good luck and remember in present scenario it's worth spending lots of time on SC ..especially when your quant part is strong , because now a days u get lots of SC(15-20) ... followed by RC that everyone say is easier compare to ETS.

Good luck .
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2006, 22:18
thanks a lot for the advice.. i am going to buy the book straight away.. my SC hit ratio has been 75%.. it was 60% when I first began.. and the gmatforums have definitely helped me improve it..

Hopefully Manhatten Guide will help me get to 90% hit ratio

will keep working..
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2006, 23:19
You might want to do a few of these practice sets as well...

http://www.litesee.com/
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2006, 12:04
If you are feeling tired, perhaps you should give yourself a little vacation. Don't push yourself too hard. Sometimes when your brain is relaxed and well rested you'll see things more clearly.

I wonder if the reason your haven't made great improvements in SC after so much practising may be because you were not doing it the right way. If you still have a lot of time I would suggest you start from the first stage of preparation, that is un-timed practise. You should really think about every question, try to get all the errors in the sentence (normally all the wrong options in SC have multiple errors) and don't worry about finishing it quickly. After you become more familiar with the angles of tackling each type of errors, then you can go from there and start the timed practise.

Keep on asking, and it will be given you;
keep on seeking, and you will find;
keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you.

[#permalink] 07 Feb 2006, 12:04