Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do all schools have your GMAT scores?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: Q44 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 82

Do all schools have your GMAT scores? [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 17:04
I've began receiving solicitations from regional business schools where the rep states that my GMAT score qualifies me for a scholarship at the school. Apparently these schools somehow have my GMAT score without though I never sent it to them. Does anyone know if GMAT scores are visible to these schools or are these simply blind solicitations hoping to get me excited so I will apply only to find out later whether or not my score is indeed scope for their scholarships?

actual email text below:

"Based on your GMAT score, our Senior Director of Admissions asked me to reach out to you. The University has 3 scholarships still available for our upcoming full-time MBA program that starts on August 12th. Would you like to take advantage of one of them? All three scholarships would cover the full cost of tuition. Additionally, we have a few remaining graduate assistant positions for which you may also be eligible.

Please reach out to me as soon as possible to take advantage of these remaining opportunities. The MBA program has been ranked as one of the top 30 programs in the U.S. for academic quality and value. You can reach me at the number below or respond to this email (attach your resume to the email if possible).

I look forward to helping you reach your educational and professional goals!

Sincerely,"

kudos are appreciated

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [1] , given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Do all schools have your GMAT scores? [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 17:35
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
When you took your GMAT and/or GRE, there is a box to check to receive information from schools that would be interested in profiles like yours. If you selected that box (most people do), then whichever schools have access to the testing services databases have your email address / address and can send you promotional material

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Do all schools have your GMAT scores? [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2013, 10:07
How often do schools reach out to people to apply?
Re: Do all schools have your GMAT scores?   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2013, 10:07