Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do I have a chance to get into Haas part-time MBA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Do I have a chance to get into Haas part-time MBA? [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2008, 23:25
Hi, I am 28 female Asian.
I got 700 on GMAT and 5.5 on writing(does writing score matter at all?).
I have about 3.0-3.1 GPA in computer science major(does last two years of GPA matter more than the overall GPA?), and 6.5 years of working experience (5.5 years working in top software company so far).
I really want to get into Haas part-time MBA, but it is very competitive(GMAT 700 is the avg, and 3.3 is the avg GPA).. so, I need to know how I can go about applying to this program.

Also, I am thinking of getting PMP prior to applying to Haas. Does having PMP help with the admission at all?

Any feedback or help is appreciated!

Last edited by pogino on 08 Jul 2008, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 0

Re: Do I have a chance to get into Haas part-time MBA? [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2008, 05:19
This is also one of my target schools.

White Male 25 (24 now, but will apply next year).
I have a GMAT of 670: 47Q, 35V.
GPA 3.5, International Business Major. (Very high grades in senior year, but lower grades in freshman and sophmore years).
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 30

Kudos [?]: 440 [0], given: 32

Re: Do I have a chance to get into Haas part-time MBA? [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2008, 05:21
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
Very high grades in senior year, but lower grades in freshman and sophmore years.

So you're normal? ;-)

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 0

Re: Do I have a chance to get into Haas part-time MBA? [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2008, 12:39
jallenmorris wrote:
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
Very high grades in senior year, but lower grades in freshman and sophmore years.

So you're normal? ;-)

Hah ya I guess so :P
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Do I have a chance to get into Haas part-time MBA? [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2008, 10:39
Expert's post
pogino,

To answer your questions:

1. does writing score matter at all?.
Only in the negative sense: a bad score hurts you though not as much as a bad GMAT verbal score.

2. does last two years of GPA matter more than the overall GPA?
Your GPA in the last two years does not matter *more* than the overall GPA, but it does matter and in combination with your GMAT score, it can mitigate a weaker overall GPA. You seem to be close enough to Haas's averages--so it won't be your numbers that keep you out.

3. Also, I am thinking of getting PMP prior to applying to Haas. Does having PMP help with the admission at all?
Only a little bit IMO. Much more important are evidence of leadership and impact at work and a profile that sets you apart from the masses.

Good luck,

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog