Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 18:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do I have enough tmie?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Do I have enough tmie? [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2004, 16:57
Does anyone think that it is doable to complete an application for MBA within 4 months? If 2 months are devoted to GMAT, is it realistic to say that another 2 months would suffice to complete essays and the rest of he application?

Considering time constrains, I am thinking about applying to GSB and/or Kellog only, but wanted to check if this is doable.

Thanks. :roll:
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2004, 19:41
Regarding the GMAT, it really depends on your standing on the key constructs is now and how high you want it to be by the time you apply.

Hjort
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2004, 11:28
Thanks Hjort for your response.

I hope to score >700 on GMAT after studying during the next two months. The thing that I am more concerned about is having enough time to complete essays for GSB and Kellog. Since I am leaving only 2 months for essays, with the assumtion of having only 20 hours per week to spare, I was wonderding if my plan to apply to two schools by the middle of March is really achievable.

On the same note, has anyone used the MBA consulting agencies to help with the applications? If yes, I would appreciate your opinion on them.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 50

[#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2004, 07:21
Expert's post
I think you could pull it off in that amount of time. However, if you're applying in the third round, just be aware that a lot of class spots will have filled up by then. So, even if you have a strong application, you might ont do any better than getting waitlisted. We strongly recommend that people apply in the first or second round. It will obviously be too late for you this year, but this "limited space" issue is the reason why we recommend it.

Don't get me wrong... You still can get accepted in the third round. But your odds of success are lower than in the first two rounds.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2004, 08:17
Thanks Scott, you are right about applying for the 3rd round. I really hope it works out for me this year.

If it does not, I was also thinking about going part-time for it seems like GSB and Kellog have a rolling application process for the part-time program. I just don't want to wait entire year. Do you know if it's possible to switch from part-time to full-time later on?
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 50

[#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2004, 09:22
Expert's post
Yup, it's possible, although it's not easy. I think Kellogg's full-time program only takes a couple of people from the part-time program each year.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2004, 16:23
I would also take a look at taking some courses through the GSAL program and transfer these classes into the FT program.

Hjort
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2004, 04:16
Hjort, what is the GSCAL?
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2004, 20:21
Hi,

GSAL is a program at the University of Chicago that lets students take courses at the GSB before being accepted into the MBA program and then transfer the courses for credit in the MBA degree.

Hjort